• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

COVERLESS BOOKS NEEDED

Ace #88
Action #127
Adventure Comics #132
Adventures into The Unknown #13
Adventures of Alice NN
Air Fighters 18
Air Fighters 36-22 2/10
All American #58
All American #62 
All American Comics #72
Alley Oop #10
All-Flash #21
All-Star Comics  #26
America`s Greatest Comics #4 
Animal Comics #6
Archie #33
Batman #29
Big Shot #54
Big Shot #69
Big Shot #86
Black Terror #5 
Black Terror #6
Blondie #5
Blue Beetle  #31
Boy  #30
Boy #32
Boy #34
Boy #40
Boy Commandos #15
Buck Rodgers #6
Bugs Bunny #123
Buzzy #12
Captain Marvel Adventures  #40 
Captain Marvel Adventures  #44
Captain Marvel Adventures  #45
Captain Marvel Adventures #48
Captain Marvel Jr  #40
Captain Midnight # 20
Catman 26 V3 #3 Sept 1944 NN
Catman V3 #2 (26A)
Comedy Comics #23
Comic Capers  #4
Comic Cavalcade #14  Half Issue
Comics On Parade #2
Comics On Parade #51
Comics Revue V1 #2
Contact #1 NN July 1944
CooCoo #13
CooCoo #22
Crack #39
Crackajack #28
Crime Does Not Pay #33
Crime Does Not Pay #38
Crime Does Not Pay #44
Crime Does Not Pay #80  
Cyclone #1  
Dale Evans #1
Dale Evans #3
Dale Evans #8
Daredevil #43 
Debbie Dean #2
Detective Comics  #90
Detective Comics #103
Diary Secrets #14
Dynamic #10
Dynamic #16
Famous Funnies #26
Famous Funnies #101
Famous Funnies #117 
Famous Funnies #154
Famous Funnies #162
Feature Comics #43
Feature Comics #87
Feature Films Fancy Pants Sept/Oct 1950
Felix The Cat #119
Fight #24
Fight #28
Fight #39
Flash #37
Flash #54 Full Cvr
Flash #82
Four Color #18
Four Color #85
Four Color #94
Funny Frolics #2
Gay #21
Gay #22
George Pals Puppetoons #1
Giggles #13
Goofy Comics #11
Goofy Comics #6
Hap Hazard #3
Happy #11
Headline Comics #15
Headline Comics #19
Human Torch  #16
Ibis #2 
Indians  #4  
Intimate Confessions #1
It Really Happened #8
Joker #28
Jolly Jingles  #12
Jumbo #51
Jumbo #89
Jungle #52

King #143
King #83
King Comics #133
Leading #11
Leading #12
Lil Abner V2 #65 Issue 5 Aug 1948
Little Lulu #52
Magic #61
Margie #37
Marvel Family #20
Marvel Family #24  
Marvel Mystery Comics #40 
Marvel Mystery Comics #58
Marvel Mystery Comics #75
Master Comics #62
Mickey Finn #11
Mickey Finn #2
Military #28
Molly O`Day  #1
More Fun Comics #100
Mutt & Jeff #17
My Date #1
New Funnies #102
Our Gang Comics #20
Picture News #5
Popeye #127
Popular #101
Popular #119
Popular Comics #104
Power #2
Prize Comics #57
Punch #10

Punch #17
Rangers #7
Roy Rodgers #1
Roy Rodgers #30
Roy Rodgers #33
Sensation #17 
Sensation #43
Sensation #44
Shadow Comics V6 #8
Skyrocket Comics #1  NN
Smilin Jack #4
Sparkler #56
Spitfire  #133
Star Spangled Comics  #21
Star Spangled Comics  #26
Star Spangled Comics #49
Startling #21
Steve Canyon #3
Submariner #17
Super Comics #109  
Super Magician V4 #12
Super Mystery V5 #2 Oct 1945
Super Mystery V5 #6
Superman #37
Superman #38
Taffy #5
Target Comics V4 #12
Target Comics V7 #4
Thrilling #55 Missing centerfold
Whiz #62
Whiz #77
Whiz #84
Wings #29
Wonder Woman #3
Wonder Woman #5
Wonder Woman #21
Wonder Woman #33 
Worlds Finest #20
Worlds Finest #26
Wow  #47

Wow #8

Thanks

On 7/14/2021 at 7:07 AM, Andrew CS said:

COVERLESS COMICS

LOOKING FOR COVERS

Worlds Finest 3

You know what - I'm feeling spicy today! So for the very first time ever, I will actually offer this up if it was something you would enjoy & appreciate. I will accept an offer for one of the remaining test prints of my WF3 coverxD

20210807_130500.thumb.jpg.dcd16acc0cdef99340d7d91b34f22b46.jpg

Which way to marry? I have two copies of Rangers #21, one missing the centerfold, and the other missing an interior page towards the back. I'd like to put together a complete married copy for resale.

While both are close in technical grade, copy A has better eye-appeal, with better reds and the biggest flaw, a non-color breaking crease down the center, not that distracting.It is missing a page towards the back, and has a detached centerfold.

Copy B has a 3/4" split at the bottom which  goes through the whole book, and some paper loss on the spine, though there is no split or hole there, it's just the color, some minor color chipping along the bottom, and a spot of rust on the staple. It is missing a centerfold.

Page quality is about the same in both books.

The easiest thing to do is take the detached centerfold from copy A and place it in copy B for a complete married copy.

To marry the missing page in copy A would require dismantling both books and replacing the wrap with the one from copy B , unless I did something stupid like just tore out the page (I won't). I know from experience this is a bit of a pain, getting the staple to line up with the holes on reassembly, but the better looking copy would be the one to be complete. 

Or should I just sell them as a pair, and let someone else make the call? 

Copy A

rangers021.thumb.jpg.9490054ad1ebb7e79905d545134e296f.jpg

Copy B

rangers21cfo001.thumb.jpg.884f199928880a0171a158c56c3ea24a.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, rjpb said:

Which way to marry? I have two copies of Rangers #21, one missing the centerfold, and the other missing an interior page towards the back. I'd like to put together a complete married copy for resale.

While both are close in technical grade, copy A has better eye-appeal, with better reds and the biggest flaw, a non-color breaking crease down the center, not that distracting.It is missing a page towards the back, and has a detached centerfold.

Copy B has a 3/4" split at the bottom which  goes through the whole book, and some paper loss on the spine, though there is no split or hole there, it's just the color, some minor color chipping along the bottom, and a spot of rust on the staple. It is missing a centerfold.

The easiest thing to do is take the detached centerfold from copy A and place it in copy B for a complete married copy.

To marry the missing page in copy A would require dismantling both books and replacing the wrap with the one from copy B , unless I did something stupid like just tore out the page (I won't). I know from experience this is a bit of a pain, getting the staple to line up with the holes on reassembly, but the better looking copy would be the one to be complete. 

Copy A

Copy B

Does Copy A have the full cover wrap? Or is it missing the BC? If it does have the entire wrap could you remove just the cover and the centerfold from Copy A and put it on copy B? 

(Hopefully I followed everything correctly) 

On 8/21/2021 at 4:46 AM, KCOComics said:

Does Copy A have the full cover wrap? Or is it missing the BC? If it does have the entire wrap could you remove just the cover and the centerfold from Copy A and put it on copy B? 

(Hopefully I followed everything correctly) 

Yes both have a complete cover wrap., but unless I wanted to have the cover detached, I'd still have to disassemble the books to remove the cover.

It is a great book but not a super key or super high grade copies. Seems it would be a lot of effort and cost to do it correctly and at the end of the day, still a purple book. 

Unless you want to keep it and are personally ok with the result, I would just sell them as a pair and let someone else make the decision. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, rjpb said:

Copy A

Copy B

I have a coverless copy @rjpb PM me and maybe I could help 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:13 AM, Robot Man said:

It is a great book but not a super key or super high grade copies. Seems it would be a lot of effort and cost to do it correctly and at the end of the day, still a purple book. 

Unless you want to keep it and are personally ok with the result, I would just sell them as a pair and let someone else make the decision. 

By CGC standards the label would be green, not purple, if one submitted, but it's more effort than cost as I would do it myself, and sell raw (with disclosure), and even the effort is not that great to be honest. It's really just a mercenary decision, is there enough extra to made selling a married copy and an incomplete copy, over two incomplete copies, to make it worthwhile. If it was a #20 or #22 I wouldn't bother, but this issue attracts a premium for the cover. 

On 8/21/2021 at 1:50 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

I have a coverless copy @rjpb PM me and maybe I could help 

On 8/21/2021 at 4:56 PM, rjpb said:

By CGC standards the label would be green, not purple, if one submitted, but it's more effort than cost as I would do it myself, and sell raw (with disclosure), and even the effort is not that great to be honest. It's really just a mercenary decision, is there enough extra to made selling a married copy and an incomplete copy, over two incomplete copies, to make it worthwhile. If it was a #20 or #22 I wouldn't bother, but this issue attracts a premium for the cover. 

Ok, if it were me and this was going into my small collection of successful marriages, I would take Copy B and marry the centerfold from Copy A to make it complete.

Then I would either sell The rest of Copy A to @Miamiknight3434 or buy his coverless to make a second complete book with the nicer cover. 

It probably won't be worth the work from a monetary perspective, but isn't the real reward the joy of bringing together two happy and successful marriage? 

GL!