• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book have you owned the longest?

61 posts in this topic

All of them.

Except the ones left at the car rest site of course...

You just had to remind me of those, and it was a campsite... right on the picnic table, in a huge stack... :sorry:

Wasn't there a Hulk 181 in the stack ? hm

All of them.

Except the ones left at the car rest site of course...

You just had to remind me of those, and it was a campsite... right on the picnic table, in a huge stack... :sorry:

Wasn't there a Hulk 181 in the stack ? hm

Yep, and all my BA Spideys, from about 124 to 141 or so. It was about 1975 or so, and I brought all my fave books with me, and bought a pile of multi-packs when I was there too.

But at least that got my parents so guilty they bought my multi-packs from the local bookstore for months and I built up a significant 1975-76 collection that way, but I had to work for the earlier ones, using mail-order when I had some extra cash.

If I never lost those books, I wonder if I'd still be collecting today? hm

hm

Good question, I know for a fact my oldest comic is Star Wars #1 but my mother bought it for me. I haven't really thought about the first comic I bought my self. Since I rarely ever sell a comic, it has to be around here some place. If I get bored I'll pull out some boxes and see what I come up with.

Transformers 24 given to me by grandma on my 7th birthday. She wrote me a letter telling me how much she loved and missed me and when she did she laid the piece of paper on the cover. The letter in its entirety is indented into the cover. (writing this made me tear up actually. i miss her :( )

I still have my OO GS X-Men 1. Somewhere between 0.5 and 1.8 with a whiff of mouldy acidity. :luhv:

I had a couple of 100 pagers that were older but I threw them out when they were almost completely disintegrated.

Don't laugh (I know that's an open invitation for cracks) ...

Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters. One of the few books I kept from when I sold my collection the first time around. Don't know why, but as a kid I loved that book and got it signed by Grell last May.