• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Overstock: 6,700 comics for $750 (23 longboxes)

71 posts in this topic

Posting this on behalf of Frank here at Metropolis. No room to warehouse this type of collection at our showroom in Manhattan, so it's up for grabs to whomever wants it first. Call Frank at 212 260 4147 x10, or email him at orders@metropoliscomics.com . First come, first served, cash and carry. Personally, I think it's a pretty sweet deal. - Ben

------------------------------------------

This is an offering of 23 longboxes stuffed with great, mostly high-grade comics from the Copper to Modern Age, with titles from both the Big Two (DC and Marvel), as well as a smorgasbord of indies – Comico, Dark Horse, Valiant, Continuity, Eclipse, Aardvark-Vannheim, you name it! Including a healthy selection of great modern keys -- Justice League 1, New Teen Titans (1984) 1, Wonder Woman (2nd series) 1 (including copies signed by George Perez!), Ronin 1, Batman Year 3, Superman (2nd series) 1, and more! Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Flash, Fantastic Four, Marvel Team-Up, Usagi Yojimbo, G.I. Joe, X-Factor, Concrete, Rocketeer, Robin, Wolverine, more more more! Over 6700 great comics, perfect for store inventory, show stock, eBay selling, trading, or just plain ol’ fun! High-grade multiples of indie scarcities and big-two keys, classic 70s-90s greats, complete runs, something for every taste and every collector! You can’t beat this! Pennies per book! This incredible find is ready for pickup in Manhattan, for the low low low bargain-basement price of only $750! Call Frank at 212 260 4147 x10, or email us at orders@metropoliscomics.com orders@metropoliscomics.com

BOXES1.jpg

BOXES2.jpg

BOXES3.jpg

This thread walks a fine line at best and should really be in the dealer section.

Even if it's exclusive to the board?

Just askin.

Rule 5: It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

We have a price but not a specific list of books.

Not that I care really......Just amusing myself.

This thread walks a fine line at best and should really be in the dealer section.

Just askin.

Rule 5: It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

Agreed. Maybe next we could do mystery lots. 50 books for $10, etc.

Just askin.

Cut and dry to me. Big bulk lot of later cheapo comics. If he posted a specific list of books it would be

t

h

i

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

long :makepoint:

or longer

I dont see the big deal. Unless they are available to others outside of the boards, what is the issue with them being offered here?

My question as well - this is a giant lot of books for less than a dime each. He's given a general idea of what's in the lot, a price to buy them, plus delivery instructions. I've bought giant lots of books on the boards from boardies that had less information in it than this did - I really don't see the problem here. If he had to go through and price all of them, they certainly wouldn't be eight cents each.