• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is getting in the way of your comic collection enjoyment?

87 posts in this topic

Right. I would never hae someone living with me for free.

Unless it's family, you're absolutely right, but it's something you almost have to go through before you finally understand.

It's pretty hard to turn your back on family. My wife's brother moved in a year ago and pays no rent. Blew every cent he had gambling on VLTs. Owes about 100,000 to credit cards. Worse part is, he's still gambling. I don't really mind helping him but I never know where his $$ are going, how much he really owes or how much debt he is actually paying off. When I ask him questions I'm the *salad spoon* for interfering in his life. I learned my lesson, if you need my help it's my rules.

signed ediot in edmonton

gat dang, you let that dude stay in your house? with access to all of your credit card and banking information? not to mention your comics and other easily-convertible-to-cash items?

watch your back, or someday when his debts go beyond his ability to make payments you might find a knife growing out of it

I travel for business every week. Some of the perks are nice, but time away from home is still time away from home. :(

As a result, I don't read/do as much as I'd like to w/ my collection right now and I do miss that. As such, it's really starting to pile high and I need to get that more under control. :/

Does anyone here even enjoy their collection at all? It seems to me that "serious collectors" are much more concerned about their next acquisition than they are about enjoying what they already have.

I've owned many slabs and I'm still trying to figure out how to "enjoy" them.