• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4

427 posts in this topic

What an amazing time to be in the hobby. There seems to be no ceiling on keys right now.

Pretty exciting! Too bad I hardly own any right now.

:cry:

Dear Consignors and Bidders,

This is an emergency notice: Toward the closing time of the 1st session of the ComicConnect.com Event Auction our servers were overloaded by the high traffic of last minute bidding and locked up. Bidders were unable to get onto the site, as I am sure many of you are aware. To be fair to all consignors and bidders we are extending Session I (lots A-G) to end tomorrow, Sunday, September 28th at 10 PM EST, and Session II (lots H-Z) to end Monday, September 29th at 10 PM EST. On behalf of everyone at ComicConnect.com I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we hope you will continue to participate in the auction on Sunday and Monday. If there is anything we can help you with please call us at 212-895-3999 or email support@comicconnect.com.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo

What an amazing time to be in the hobby. There seems to be no ceiling on keys right now.

This is all impossible. We`ve heard very clearly from many people that the current financial turmoil will clearly and definitely lead to a cratering of comic book prices. There are simply no people left in the world who can afford to spend 6 figures on a comic, or those people that are left are so wealthy they would never deign to soil their hands with mere comics. I think there must be a typo on the website and it must really mean $14,500, not $145,000.

Otherwise, some of our board prognosticators would be wrong, and we know that`s simply impossible.

This is all impossible. We`ve heard very clearly from many people that the current financial turmoil will clearly and definitely lead to a cratering of comic book prices. There are simply no people left in the world who can afford to spend 6 figures on a comic, or those people that are left are so wealthy they would never deign to soil their hands with mere comics. I think there must be a typo on the website and it must really mean $14,500, not $145,000.

Otherwise, some of our board prognosticators would be wrong, and we know that`s simply impossible.

:whistle:

I'm still banging my head against a wall for selling about a dozen Marvel Silver Age key books just 2 FRIKKIN WEEKS before the market exploded!! AF #15. FF #1 x 3, X #1, TOS #39.

Still about as exiting to watch as a good boxing match though.

I was thinking $125-135K for this book so this is quite a shootout going on. Very pretty book!

R.

The Showcase 4 was always ending on Sunday, no?

I`m really impressed by it getting up to the $145K mark, with 1 more day of bidding. This is old 9.4 AF 15 territory.

yes, but now it's ending on monday. so the $145k didn't include the last minute (if there was going to be one) flurry. does this imply that goldman's 9.6 is worth $300k?

The Showcase 4 was always ending on Sunday, no?

I`m really impressed by it getting up to the $145K mark, with 1 more day of bidding. This is old 9.4 AF 15 territory.

yes, but now it's ending on monday. so the $145k didn't include the last minute (if there was going to be one) flurry. does this imply that goldman's 9.6 is worth $300k?

I'm more interested in what the 9.2 might be worth now. :grin::devil:

HEY UNDERBIDDERS FOR THE 9.4 - :hi:

:o you are highest bidder?

no, he owns a 9.2. well, i'd say $72k and counting.

Please don't tell me you using a straight mathematical equation to determine the value of a 9.2 vs. a 9.4, particularly when the book is a key and the only in grade for both. :o

No offense, but that is :screwy:

Please don't tell me you using a straight mathematical equation to determine the value of a 9.2 vs. a 9.4, particularly when the book is a key and the only in grade for both. :o

You`re right. A 9.2 is not even worth half of a 9.4. The marketplace dynamics for a 9.2 and 9.4 are totally different. But if the establishment of a clear 9.4 value helps you finally unload your 9.2, I will be very happy for you!

You`re right. A 9.2 is not even worth half of a 9.4. The marketplace dynamics for a 9.2 and 9.4 are totally different. But if the establishment of a clear 9.4 value helps you finally unload your 9.2, I will be very happy for you!

i was trying to be polite. guess that didn't work. but then, i wasn't trying to pimp a book either.

$150k for the 9.4. if this was a marvel it'd be on page 1 of the general thread and have 5000 views and 50 pages of commentary.

i was trying to be polite. guess that didn't work. but then, i wasn't trying to pimp a book either.

I wouldn't have said anything if Mark hadn't posted the :screwy: graemlin in responding to your post. I thought that was uncalled for.

$150k for the 9.4. if this was a marvel it'd be on page 1 of the general thread and have 5000 views and 50 pages of commentary.

Where's Drdonaldblake when we need him?