• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Set Additions - Aug 2008 List - Make Requests Here

277 posts in this topic

Gemma,

Wolverine 90 lists a slot for both Deluxe Edition and a regular edition. I would suggest not treating the deluxe editions as a variant and just having one slot for either the deluxe or standard edition. The comics have the exact same art and only differ by virtue of paper stock. Second, Marvel's experiment with offering dealers/collectors a choice of paper lasted four months so Wolverine 90 is not the only issue with both a deluxe and non-deluxe designation. I think the others are 88, 89 and 91 but I'm not sure. Third, Marvel's paper experiment also crossed over into other titles so only listing this "variant" in Wolverine 1-189 is inconsistent.

But, if you could add the annuals to Wolverine 1-189, that would be awesome.

Thank you for all you've done to improve the Registry. I'm glad I had the chance to say hi to you when I visted CGC last spring.

Steve

For the Donald Duck set, would you add all the Four Color books featuring Donald? I know that the series begins with Donald #26 and there are more than 25 Four Color Donald Duck books but I have never been able to find out which 25 are the "official" DD 1-25. Plus, I think most of us Duck collectors want them all anyways although there are some that only want the Barks books.

Hi Gemma, here are a few I'd like to see added. You may be aware of two of them already but I've added a few more.

Rima The Jungle Girl

Batgirl

Zenescope Variants

Logan's Run

Marvel Giant Size

Hardy Boys

The Nam

Batman One Shots (Inlcuding The Killing Joke)

Aspen (Michael Turner Presents)

Thanks kindly. :)

Hi Gemma, I've noticed that the Uncanny X-Men #360 'variant' slot has crept back into the Complete set, can you tell us why?

There is no such book, unless a newsstand cover has been unearthed - there is only DF, Holofoil & regular.

Please fix it, my OCD spider-sense type mislabelled madness is tingling again :insane:

Hi Gemma, I've noticed that the Uncanny X-Men #360 'variant' slot has crept back into the Complete set, can you tell us why?

There is no such book, unless a newsstand cover has been unearthed - there is only DF, Holofoil & regular.

Please fix it, my OCD spider-sense type mislabelled madness is tingling again :insane:

I recently had all my X-Men (1991) 80 graded, which was released the same month. There are three versions of this book also. They came back Holofoil, Variant (plain cover), and DF. I called when I saw this and they said the plain cover is the variant, and the Holofoil is the regular, which is true when you look at the UPC bar code.

They are grading all the UXM 360 and X-Men 80 this way now. I guess the only thing to do would be to merge the already registered UXM 360 and the newly registered UXM 360 variants together so we have just:

Holofoil

Variant

DF

????

(shrug)

Guess I have to go re-add that variant to get my sets back at 100%.

UXM 360 Variant 0150692017 was slabbed and registered as "Variant Cover". After much discussion early this year the variant slot was removed from the sets... Now that it's back in since so many books are being registered as Variant I tried to add it back to my set. It now says it's invalid for the slot. When I look up the certification it no longer has the "Variant" designation even though it was registered this way.

I've had to personally mail back slabs or carry them to conventions to have actual errors corrected.

Here's a scan of my slab, it clearly states "Variant":

360variant.jpg

(shrug)

We just need 3 slots for UXM 360:

Holofoil

Regular/Variant certifications

Dynamic Forces

I've added thumbnails of all the books for comparison:

UXM 360 Holofoil, Variant Cover registered as Variant & not, DF:

th_360holo.jpg th_360variantsmall.jpg th_360.jpg th_360df.jpg

X-Men 80 Holofoil, Variant Cover, & DF:

th_80Holofoil.jpg th_80variant.jpg th_80DF.jpg