• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Want Fries With That?

1,987 posts in this topic

After endless pages and posts regarding pressing and flipping can we now all just agree to disagree?

Whether anyone wants to admit it now or not, both are parts of the hobby that are here to stay. Lets learn to live with then and each others viewpoint.

If the farmer and the cowboy can be friends why cant we.

rantrant

No. :signofftopic:

I expected no less.

I swear, I still have every #$%^& Buster Bunny I ever bought.

Wait, are you sure that wasn't Gangbuster Bunny?

Jack

If you have so many Buster Bunnies, can you make sense of the publishing schedule?!!? # 12 is Jan. 1952, # 13 is March 1952 (as I recently discovered) and # 14 is March 1953 :o:screwy:

Let's see what I have:

Buster Bunny 12 Jan-52 vg-

Buster Bunny 15 Jul-53 gd+ Racist cover

I hope I'm not making anyone jealous.

Jack

OK, it's crude. Look at the concept, not the execution.

gangbusterbunny.jpg

Having my morning coffee & wondering what my wife & non-comics friends would think if they read all of this.
They'd think you're the worlds biggest dork and you really need a new hobby. Just like my family does.

They would think that Floridians are woosies cause they can't stand alone.

I sat down last night and read the last couple hundred posts, and was a little mortified at some of responses.

Then this am, I notice someone's trying to dump quite a few high dollar CGC books in the selling forum. It's the same guy that I answered a WTB post for an ASM 42 about six months ago, and he offered me $20 for my VF+ copy. He didn't answer my pm when I told him the books was more like a $120 book or more..., and that's wholesale for a key book.

I always wondered if he was a poor collector, really ignorant of current values, or just trying to get something for nothing at the expense of some newbie ignoramus. Now I know. I also know after reading the last couple hundred responses that most of you won't even care, and would think that it would have been a better story if I had sold the book to him for $20.

Anyway, Karma-wise, I hope the guy gets choked by low-ball offers for his prize possessions - that would be a good story to me.

Mike, it's often like that. Big bark, no bite...that's why I often extend an invitation to bite me. I know they'll never take me up on my offer.

(thumbs u

I sat down last night and read the last couple hundred posts, and was a little mortified at some of responses.

Then this am, I notice someone's trying to dump quite a few high dollar CGC books in the selling forum. It's the same guy that I answered a WTB post for an ASM 42 about six months ago, and he offered me $20 for my VF+ copy. He didn't answer my pm when I told him the books was more like a $120 book or more..., and that's wholesale for a key book.

I always wondered if he was a poor collector, really ignorant of current values, or just trying to get something for nothing at the expense of some newbie ignoramus. Now I know. I also know after reading the last couple hundred responses that most of you won't even care, and would think that it would have been a better story if I had sold the book to him for $20.

Anyway, Karma-wise, I hope the guy gets choked by low-ball offers for his prize possessions - that would be a good story to me.

I care. :foryou:

Maybe it was lowballed because it was for "a friend"?

That's one excuse you'll never be able to use.

:whatev:

That's one excuse you'll never be able to use.

:whatev:

Exactly, so we know it wasn't me! :banana:

(fugger)

Lose not the faith young grasshopper. I'm a little baffled by some of what I read here also. Not the differing opinions, but the mean-spirited way in which some go about it.....some who I would have thought were more mature. Oh well. As usual, focus on the good things, enjoy the many good people around here and try not to let the krapp spill into your clam chowder. Or something.....

If it was, I have a suspicion that the "friend" might have been in for a ream job. But once again, after reading most of opinions around here, that would have just made the story better for most..., crippling two dopes with one stone, and all that..., :sorry:

Indeed, there seem to be a crew of dealer/flippers that PM super lowball bids to sellers in the hope that the seller falls for it, either out of ignorance, desperation, or under the illusion that the buyer really wants the book (for his collection) but can't afford to pay anymore. Now, let's go see who's "...trying to dump quite a few high dollar CGC books in the selling forum." :devil:

Having my morning coffee & wondering what my wife & non-comics friends would think if they read all of this.
They'd think you're the worlds biggest dork and you really need a new hobby. Just like my family does.

They would think that Floridians are woosies cause they can't stand alone.

:sumo:

Now, let's go see who's "...trying to dump quite a few high dollar CGC books in the selling forum." :devil:

Ok, was that as easy as I thought it was? hm

Let's see what I have:

Buster Bunny 12 Jan-52 vg-

Buster Bunny 15 Jul-53 gd+ Racist cover

I hope I'm not making anyone jealous.

Jack

OK, it's crude. Look at the concept, not the execution.

gangbusterbunny.jpg

lol Needs more guns though ...

Go ahead and add the date on the # 15 in the GCD please. :wishluck:

Now, let's go see who's "...trying to dump quite a few high dollar CGC books in the selling forum." :devil:

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug) (shrug)

(shrug)

I guess you failed to see who it was.

(shrug)

I thought it might have been easy too see but I could be mistaking.

(shrug)

:gossip: (thumbs u

(shrug)

:gossip: (thumbs u

Prove it