• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Want Fries With That?

1,987 posts in this topic

All this because of a wack job's post. :roflmao:

Promise me tomorrow will be good. Please?

:wishluck:

(shrug)

You're off tomorrow, right?

:gossip:

I may be wayyyy behind in reading the posts but to me a flipper is somebody who tells the seller that they need the book for their collection. They really want the book, they tell you how long they've been looking for the book, can you give them a great deal. You agree and a week later it's up on ebay for sale.

AS #13 9.4 white pages comes to mind. Too long of a story but a few board dealers know exactly who I'm talking about. Gotta have the book, frantically calling every dealer at 2007 San Diego Comicon. Multiple emails begging me to sell him the book. Not a month later it's up for sale.

People know I'm a dealer, I don't hide the fact that I'm a dealer. The seller has every right to not sell me a book because I'm a dealer. But part of me REALLY wants to lie and say I'm a collector because then I'll get the better deal lol some of you "Collectors" get :baiting:

All this because of a wack job's post. :roflmao:

Promise me tomorrow will be good. Please?

(shrug)

You're off tomorrow, right?

:gossip:

Yup

I may be wayyyy behind in reading the posts but to me a flipper is somebody who tells the seller that they need the book for their collection. They really want the book, they tell you how long they've been looking for the book, can you give them a great deal. You agree and a week later it's up on ebay for sale.

AS #13 9.4 white pages comes to mind. Too long of a story but a few board dealers know exactly who I'm talking about. Gotta have the book, frantically calling every dealer at 2007 San Diego Comicon. Multiple emails begging me to sell him the book. Not a month later it's up for sale.

People know I'm a dealer, I don't hide the fact that I'm a dealer. The seller has every right to not sell me a book because I'm a dealer. But part of me REALLY wants to lie and say I'm a collector because then I'll get the better deal lol some of you "Collectors" get :baiting:

:sorry:

Only for a little while, then we'd brand you a flipper and crucify you here.

Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with flipping is just insane. This has nothing to do with NOD. Just common sense. If you want to start a barter club where comics are traded and never sold, then you are going to have to try a different chat board, cause this one is all about the profit. And whether you want to admit it or not, this sounds as if it is a petty case of jealousy that someone got a deal that you think you should have gotten. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.

Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with flipping is just insane. This has nothing to do with NOD. Just common sense. If you want to start a barter club where comics are traded and never sold, then you are going to have to try a different chat board, cause this one is all about the profit. And whether you want to admit it or not, this sounds as if it is a petty case of jealousy that someone got a deal that you think you should have gotten. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.

That's it, you're out of the NONF.

Will buying Marvel Westerns allow me into your membership?

The people who buy and never sell number very few I'd say... especially on THIS board (of all boards.)

I'd stand proudly to be recognized, but I'm afraid if I make any sudden moves the piles of comics would avalanche and bury me.

Jack

Dale, when are you going to drag your azz to Toronto?

Will buying Marvel Westerns allow me into your membership?

Only if you disclose their flipped status (or FS - I'm still working on the scale, you know flipped 7 times by 2 dealers and 5 collectors = EF5-2, etc).

And don't cheat and not count all the times you flipped them to yourself either... (tsk)

Not this year. Not going to Baltimore either. Maybe one of these days though. This has been a great con season, but I am just tired of being gone from my little girl and my wife. I am staying home until Mid Ohio, Nashville Comic Con, Wizard Texas, and the National. Working on getting stuff up in my ebay store and on clink right now, and playing golf about 3 mornings, and 1 afternoon a week.

Not this year. Not going to Baltimore either. Maybe one of these days though. This has been a great con season, but I am just tired of being gone from my little girl and my wife. I am staying home until Mid Ohio, Nashville Comic Con, Wizard Texas, and the National. Working on getting stuff up in my ebay store and on clink right now, and playing golf about 3 mornings, and 1 afternoon a week.

Nice. I have to tell you that any dealer that had reasonable size of inventory did really well this past weekend at the Fan Expo. Traffic was insane compared to previous years...although that's no competition to family time and some r+r.

;)

The people who buy and never sell number very few I'd say... especially on THIS board (of all boards.)

I'd stand proudly to be recognized, but I'm afraid if I make any sudden moves the piles of comics would avalanche and bury me.

Jack

:hi: You and me, Jack. You and me.

Of course who would buy my newly acquired issue of Buster Bunny # 13? :P

Powerboating, Golf, Driving around in his tractor.

Green Acres is the place I'll be, Farm living is the life for Me

It is actually "on" my tractor, not in my tractor. You dumb@$$

Maybe you could start a newsletter... I'm sure we could all use another comic related newsletter detailing irrigation methods and the planting/weeding of crops....