• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greetings From the Desert

22 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Are things still the same? Heritage continues to overgrade and press comics, people still try and sell restored comics as unrestored and Greggy still finds reasons to post that were not sure of...lol.

I am just about to go on vacation, after almost four months of being here in Afghanistan. Khandahar is where I am mostly although I've been around the countryside too. I have to say the thing I am looking forward to the most is water and something green!!!!

There is extreme weather here, between heat that is so hot that it melts plastic left in the sun, to dust devils, to massive dust storms.

The food is okay on bases but and out at some of the FOB's (Forward Observation Base), but when you're on the road for a long time eating rations becomes old very fast. A lot of the places we go to are just basically four mud walls that make up a compound so we completely rough it. Think camping with bullets on a two way range, lol!!!

I've updated my signature with a picture of me here. Besides the old picture was of me and my wife whom has now left me. Apparently it happens a lot when guys come over here. Any cute single girls out there whom don't mind an army guy??? lol!!!!

Well I just wanted to let everyone know how I was doing. When I get back I'll be selling more comics again of course!!!

Take care everyone, and drop me a line if you want (just might take a while for me to respond).

Chris

Hey man, glad to hear you're safe! I hear you about the water and color--I was thrilled to death upon my return from Iraq when I saw real foliage, lakes, etc.

I'm sorry to hear about you and your wife--you've got another to worry about over there than to have things like that go down. Cheesy as this might sound, while God might close a door, He also leaves the windows open ;) Things will work themselves out in the end!

This place is as it always is--and will be so when you get back: chock full of fun, drama, and nerds :grin: Be safe and again, good to hear from you!

Enjoy the vacation...

Things here are always the same, and will probably be that way when you return.

I think what Macman said was perfectly put . And I doubt anyone could improve his response. Be safe, and see you when you return.

Hey man...good to hear from you! That sucks about your wife, I can't even imagine the kind of person that would do that to a soldier overseas. :mad: (Are there any hot Afghani babes over there? :insane: )

Thanks for your service to your country...I was too chicken to join up back when I was of age to enlist. I now admire the bravery and dedication of those that do. I often wish I could go back and do it over.

Best of luck to you....hope you enjoy your vacation!

Hi Everyone!!!

I am just about to go on vacation, after almost four months of being here in Afghanistan. Khandahar is where I am mostly although I've been around the countryside too. I have to say the thing I am looking forward to the most is water and something green!!!!

:hi: