• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Price Variants

414 posts in this topic

Very interesting thread! (thumbs u

After trying to get together some books for a fellow boardie, it really got me interested in the whole story/scarcity of some of these. If there is going to be a "crew" of guys trying to get scans and a list put together, count me in! I have quite a few, and am sure I have many more I don't even know I have! It'll be fun going through boxes trying to sniff them out.

As a matter of fact, I am now the proud owner of www.canadianvariantcomics.com and www.canadianeditioncomics.com . If we can get the mentioned "crew", I would be willing to supply said domains and hosting space for a site (have point to one another). Heck! We can each have our own email addresses if we wanted to as well :headbang: The site could be an informative stop for all things Canadian in comics!

Anybody interested?

:popcorn:

I was hoping so my man!

I have been up all night going through boxes... pretty good stack of 'em. Definitely some CGC worthy candidates. It would be nice to gather info on the scarcer ones as mentioned. It would seem the consensus is that anything above 9.2 in general is pretty scarce. The Whitman's being harder in any grade. I am pretty sure I will be in for a nice surprise when I hit the storage unit later today to hunt for those :wishluck:

Question: I have noticed that some graded copies have the notation of being Canadian, and some don't. What is the story there?

Can anyone tell me if a GI Joe #2 with a 75 cent price is a Canadian Price Variant? I noticed some issues after that I have are 60 cent covers.

Pretty sure that's a reprint. The Canadian editions started with issue 4 I believe. If you look at the direct editions of 3 & 4, you'll notice that the 3 doesn't have a Canadian price on the cover.