• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - Have you ever cracked a comic out of a slab?

Have you ever cracked a comic out of a slab (other than to get it out of an already broken slab)?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever cracked a comic out of a slab (other than to get it out of an already broken slab)?

85 posts in this topic

I could never crack a 9.8. I would be afraid that the slightest breeze will knock it down a notch.

Agreed (thumbs u

That's why my bronze Batman 9.8s are NEVER coming out of their slabs on my watch

I could never crack a 9.8. I would be afraid that the slightest breeze will knock it down a notch.

No need to worry, as the grading, encapsulation process and shipping back to you already knocked it down to a 9.6. (thumbs u

I've cracked a few, mostly Atom Age books that I had never read before... There is no reason whatsoever to crack out a modern, or probably even a Copper, when you can just get a cheapass reading copy of it... but, mostly I like having the books in the slab, as they present better, are worth slightly more than unslabbed, and are less prone to being damaged...

I cracked my first one yesterday. Had to consult Chromium's video to get me started. :(

:acclaim:

:gossip: I've cracked over 100 as well... only have a few still left...somehow I can't bring myself to crack my FF#1

I cracked my first one yesterday. Had to consult Chromium's video to get me started. :(

:gossip: I've cracked over 100 as well... only have a few still left...somehow I can't bring myself to crack my FF#1

Crack it! :makepoint:

So, how does cracking affect the CGC Census? Kinda makes it moot, no??

If you send in a book with the old label to get regraded you get an $11 credit for it from CGC towards the grading fee of the book.

Also the census gets corrected with every label you mail in.

r.

Afraid of a repeat of your AF 15 accident?