• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

5K for that hmmm... I wonder what my two pages from issue one and the first appearance splash of Atom Eve and the teen team are worth!

I wonder what my 4-page long gatefold cover to issue 60 would go for if a double page splash went for 5k.

Of course, we'll never know. It's not going anywhere.

5K for that hmmm... I wonder what my two pages from issue one and the first appearance splash of Atom Eve and the teen team are worth!

I wonder what my 4-page long gatefold cover to issue 60 would go for if a double page splash went for 5k.

Is Battle Beast on there? Battle Beast adds tens times the normal value!

Is Battle Beast on there? Battle Beast adds tens times the normal value!

Nope, no Battle Beast :sorry:

I'd say you have 2 of the top 4 best pieces of Invincible OA in your collection possible.

#1 would be #1 cover

#2 The cover to #60

#3 The splash to start issue #1

#4 The cover to #58

#5 Invincible 100 wraparound

Would be my top 5 pieces of Invincible OA for long term value and popularity by someone who worked on the series. I don't think you can really count the covers by other artists in the discussion since a) Robert has most of them and b) Some of them would get more of their value for who drew the cover than it being an Invincible cover. I gave Invincible #100 the nod over #75's wraparound due to the fact that Ryan pencilled and inked it.

Oh Tyler. I love how you always pop in when there's a discussion about OA value.

I like the 75 wrap over the 100. Soooooo many Viltrumites!

But you have the "You own it" bias. If what you had was inked by Ryan, I'd give it the edge. But Ransom is never selling his inks, so I gave the nod to #100.

Oh Tyler. I love how you always pop in when there's a discussion about OA value.

Honestly, life has taken such a crazy, busy turn, I don't even have time to enjoy all of my favorite books anymore.

All I read are Invincible and TWD.

As for jumping in on prices... I guess I'm perplexed. Back when I sold off a few covers, when I was trying to raise a little cash to move to SF, they sold for peanuts. I'm just curious as to what's changed.

I can notttt get through the 2nd compendium. I'm at issue #76 or #77 now.

I just find it draggginggg on and very dull now. Hopefully it gets better. I really enjoyed the first 48 issues, but haven't liked this compendium's issues nearly as much.

Honestly, life has taken such a crazy, busy turn, I don't even have time to enjoy all of my favorite books anymore.

All I read are Invincible and TWD.

As for jumping in on prices... I guess I'm perplexed. Back when I sold off a few covers, when I was trying to raise a little cash to move to SF, they sold for peanuts. I'm just curious as to what's changed.

More money has come in to the Invincible collecting circle. When you sold the two most active collectors at that point were mostly just me and Cory Puga. Now there are at least 4 or 5 people who are buying a lot, and willing to spend a lot more than Cory or I ever could/would.

Also the person who bought the Battle Beast/Thragg page had to spend enough to get the page away from Ryan who would have been 100% content keeping it.

I can notttt get through the 2nd compendium. I'm at issue #76 or #77 now.

I just find it draggginggg on and very dull now. Hopefully it gets better. I really enjoyed the first 48 issues, but haven't liked this compendium's issues nearly as much.

76-96 of Invincible and The Walking Dead are the slowest in the series. I guess Kirkman tried to blame to many projects at once.

But you have the "You own it" bias.

Thats supposed to be a Christmas present! I had almost forgot about it! Oh well.

Tyler, I'm just messing with you. It does sadden me a bit that you're not able to enjoy your stuff as much these days. That bit up there is almost through though, right? I thought it was for 6 months or a year or something. I go through my OA portfolios (4) maybe twice a week. I put them all in numerical order after SLCC, but have added a few and realized it'll never stay in order. I almost have a page from every issue (not really, but, I'm working on it). The early stuff I never see and I tried to stay away from the newer, brighter paper, but, the art is just so damn good.

I like how Ryan is selling 115 as a pencil/ink combo. That's really cool. I hope we see more pages put up on his site. Would love to see all the splashes he still has and wants to sell. I did ask about an older cover recently (Angstrom on #33), but it's out in the collector parallax black hole oblivion somewhere. Maybe it'll pop up at some point.

Thinking about 100 wraparound made me think of TWD 100 wraparound. TWD 100 was a better wraparound as it displayed Rick on top of characters that actually died. Invincible 100 would have been as great if it displayed actual casualties prior to 111. To me 111-114 is the true "The Death of Everyone" arc.

Thinking about 100 wraparound made me think of TWD 100 wraparound. TWD 100 was a better wraparound as it displayed Rick on top of characters that actually died. Invincible 100 would have been as great if it displayed actual casualties prior to 111. To me 111-114 is the true "The Death of Everyone" arc.

It was a parody of the Dead #100 cover on purpose. Not enough main characters had died in Invincible to make the cover legit with recognizable characters at that point. Hell there probably hasn't been enough now compared to Walking Dead.

It was a parody of the Dead #100 cover on purpose. Not enough main characters had died in Invincible to make the cover legit with recognizable characters at that point. Hell there probably hasn't been enough now compared to Walking Dead.

I thought it was more of a coverswipe than a parody. I thInk Rex, Shrinking Ray, Old Guardians of the Globe, The Immortal and a couple of Dupli-Kate's would have done. I think that'll be my next commission sketch to be done.