• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

He is still organizing it. He has a ton still. Only things I really remember were he had around half his first issue still, and 2 pages from issue 12, and Robert has none from 12.

why all the issue 12 mentions?

Because issue 12 is the big fight with his dad. It's F'N awesome. 2c

He is still organizing it. He has a ton still. Only things I really remember were he had around half his first issue still, and 2 pages from issue 12, and Robert has none from 12.

why all the issue 12 mentions?

Issue 12 is the second rarest book printed for Invincible, plus it's the Omni Man fight. It's probably the most important book in series after issue #1. I have one page from it, and it's one of my favorite pieces I own.

Issue 12 is the second rarest book printed for Invincible, plus it's the Omni Man fight. It's probably the most important book in series after issue #1. I have one page from it, and it's one of my favorite pieces I own.

But, my point is, the OA for that issue is just as rare as any other. I'd think the issue 8 OA would be more valuable.

But, my point is, the OA for that issue is just as rare as any other. I'd think the issue 8 OA would be more valuable.

Storyline importance for the book is bigger than just first issue by Ottley to most. It's not like Baseball cards where a rookie is best, in fact with comic art from everyone I talk to earlier stuff is less desirable.

Storyline importance for the book is bigger than just first issue by Ottley to most. It's not like Baseball cards where a rookie is best, in fact with comic art from everyone I talk to earlier stuff is less desirable.

I need to talk to those people. I guess I'm of a different train of thought. Storyline stuff is significant, no question, but, with so much happening in the whole series, can you really say one thing was more important than another? The fight with Omni-Man was huge, no doubt, but, that storyline is kinda resolved. Yeah, OM can't show his face on Earth yet, but, you get my point? Oliver killing Mauler twins was huge, anything Angstrom did was huge, Viltrumite War, Scourge virus, the baby stuff, Conquest, the list goes on.

I'd think, regardless of content, most would rather have an early page instead of a recent page. What do I know? I've only been buying Invincible OA for 3 years.

I get what you're saying though, Rob. Makes sense.

If there is ever a movie, the story from issue 12 will be the entire pivotal point. Look at it like another artist, would a page from Amazing Spiderman #298 go for more than Amazing Spiderman #300 just because it's Todd's first Spiderman issue?

I'd think so. Would you rather have a page from Amazing Spiderman 4 or 400?

Also, Ryan told me no movie, no show. :screwy:

For many OA collectors image is first, story is second, historical significance is third. Obviously, there are many exceptions. This was discussed a lot in the OA section after the Trimpe Hulk 180 page with 1st Wolverine sale a few months ago.

Edit: I should have made more clear that this view isn't a consensus

Edited by Hekla

If there is ever a movie, the story from issue 12 will be the entire pivotal point. Look at it like another artist, would a page from Amazing Spiderman #298 go for more than Amazing Spiderman #300 just because it's Todd's first Spiderman issue?

I'd think so. Would you rather have a page from Amazing Spiderman 4 or 400?

Also, Ryan told me no movie, no show. :screwy:

Movie or show could change in a second always. Contractually they could never say yes there was a chance until a deal was signed.

I would rather have when Spiderman is lifting the rubble off his back from Ditko'a last issue than a random page from issue 4. You have to compare the same artists work, you can't just go by issue number especially when Ryan has over 100 issues and has consistently got better.

Edited by Invincifans

if we are talking artists, than its different. I'm talking about the book itself.

i was told Invincible is now Kirkmans #3, behind TWD and now Outcast. honestly, i find it perplexing. sure, TWD is making a fortune, but, with as much potential money there is in a superhero franchise these days, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Marvel is making billions, yes, billions with a B, each year off their properties. DC will soon follow. hell, those two companies have films set for the next 6 years already. billions. i think its a hell of a missed opportunity. yeah, Invincible doesn't have the instant name recognition as Marvel/DC characters, but, you have to start somewhere. "from the creator of The Walking Dead". put that in front of an Invincible trailer, thats all it'll take.

id love a weekly hour long Invincible show on AMC (for the violence), done.

A live action Invincible isn't feasible. They would need Marvel money to spend on cgi .

An animated version would likely be easier to do but it could only be aired on Cartoon Network late at night. Hell, it'd probably better off in Japan as an anime and then coming back to the States. A series like this has the potentiometer to be the American Dragon Ball Z.

A live action Invincible isn't feasible. They would need Marvel money to spend on cgi .

An animated version would likely be easier to do but it could only be aired on Cartoon Network late at night. Hell, it'd probably better off in Japan as an anime and then coming back to the States. A series like this has the potentiometer to be the American Dragon Ball Z.

aw man, i hope not. cannot stand anime. why would it have to be on Cartoon Network? i guess id be ok with an animated series, but, id prefer live action. if it was a series of films, say a trilogy, the budget would be a lot more, especially if you got another production company to help out Skybound. Dreamworks and Universal have that kind of money and as far as i know, aren't tied into the Marvel/DC universes.

aw man, i hope not. cannot stand anime. why would it have to be on Cartoon Network? i guess id be ok with an animated series, but, id prefer live action. if it was a series of films, say a trilogy, the budget would be a lot more, especially if you got another production company to help out Skybound. Dreamworks and Universal have that kind of money and as far as i know, aren't tied into the Marvel/DC universes.

Cartoon Network is the best outlet for Cartoons in general. Anything that airs on Cartoon Network Ends up on Netflix. Madhouse did a great job on the X-MEN anime. it was a story but it was well animated! If it turns into an anime it would be streamed on multiple sites. This in turn gives a chance for those that ignored it during it's initial broadcast, just like Breaking Bad.

Smallville is a prime example how an iconic character cannot seem get a budget to put on a proper show. Would you really like 10 years of Invincible on a budget and cheesy -script?

A film would simply not work. Only Lionsgate would take a risk on an Indy Comic and wouldn't shell out more than 50 Million on it. I think they would have to have Mark on foot in the first movie. Do you really think an R Rated Invincible could do well on the big screen?

id think the kind of cartoon that invincible would be, could work on FX or even AMC. i suppose that one of the premium networks (HBO, SHO, etc) would work also.

Do you really think an R Rated Invincible could do well on the big screen?

ultra violence. hell yes. a guy can dream, can't he?

while a depiction of violence can garner a PG rating, anything with intense and persistent violence will draw an R rating. not sure where the MPAA stands on PG-13 violence. the kid playing Barry Allen on The Flash should've been Invincible.