• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Thragg knew about the planet because he was in charge of the Viltrumites when they found Mark and Nolan there in issue 26 or 27. Oliver isn't working with him. He will be back soon though.....

You're right.

My memory was off. I thought the Viltrumites didn't actually see Oliver in those issues.

But I just checked and they did. Not sure if the character was ever named, but the "Black Viltrumite" did see Oliver and acknowledged Oliver as Nolan's son. I think he survived the battle too. (thumbs u

Never understood the low price on #9. Diamond orders were only around 6000 just like the issues before it. It has first appearance of some decent characters like Monster Girl and Zandale. #10 is the lowest ordered book at 5599 ordered. Then 11 and 12.

There was a few factors I think on the success of all this OA, specifically for this issue.

- This issue was straight up incredible

- There really isn't a bad page in this issue

- They are all selling because people like to buy pages with their fav characters doing cool stuff. There is a lot of cool stuff happening in this issue. Although a page of characters standing around talking might still sell, something with some action usually is more desirable.

Not sure about everyone else but personally i'm not a huge fan of just penciled pages. I can appreciate them but I usually don't buy them. The fact that these come with Cliff's inks is a HUGE plus for me.

As far as pricing goes I think Ryan's stuff is pretty spot on for pricing. He seems to price the regular panel pages at a good price that he still gets a good chunk of money but it's still at a price that a large portion of his fans could afford.

His DPS and Covers are a lot more expensive but I feel if he can command the price then all the power to him. (worship)

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I thought that Invincible art had already spiked quite a bit over the past year.

Honestly, the market has dried up. I think that's a reason these pages are selling so well. Yes, the issue was fantastic, but, people are thirsty for Invincible art. I'd be so mad if I was just finding out about OA right now. I honestly didn't think the DPS would go for $5k. That's gotta be the most expensive Invincible art sold yet. mad props to Ryan for banking on this stuff. We did talk at length about upping his website sales, figured he already had an excellent outlet. Glad to see he's killing it!

I don't think this will be a new trend for Ryan... selling an entire issue via his website. But since it worked so well it might continue to happen. I think this sorta had a Holiday shopping vibe, no?

I completely agree that this issue was a great one... hence the popularity of the art.

5K is a lot for two pages... but I can't think of many double splash pages that were this quality of action. :popcorn:

- My educated guess... Robert Kirkman and/or Sean Mackiewicz were the buyers of this page. ^^

- Battle beast is a fan favorite and the art in this issues was top notch! Congrats to all who got a page. :golfclap:

- I got the page two splash... totally worth it. Glad I didn't wait around for the double splash, 5K is too rich for my wallet.

- Wondering what tomorrow two page sets will be priced at.... hm

Edited by mikerb2223

5K for that hmmm... I wonder what my two pages from issue one and the first appearance splash of Atom Eve and the teen team are worth!

Prob not that much. You should just sell them to me before the market crashes.

In all honesty, that mentality scares me.

Edited by simplyrob

That was the base price for a issue 1 page. They would sell, maybe you could get a hundred or so more for the bottom of the line pages, but I'm pretty confident when I price Invincible art sales prices.

Base price when? I would very happily pay that much for issue 1 pages. Today, right now, PayPal, done. Anyone?

I do have a tendency to think that early Ottley may be more valuable than early Walker.

Base price right now, outside of you how many people would pay that for any page from that issue? Not many. Ottley still has, I believe, half of his first issue. Not sure on the other early stuff, I know he has 2 pages from issue 12.

well, let's go with your pricing then. I just haven't seen any of those pages on the market and Id think any fan of any book would kill for OA from the first issue of said title.