• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

If a store or show has back issues of Invincible for sale, which ones are you buying? Example: 1 thru 12.

Patrick

I'd buy them all. I'd also look for a copy of 16. I really miss 'Ringo :sorry:

I was sure I had a 9.8 16, but CGC sees it as a 9.6. Only copy I've found myself that was worthy of submission... off to eBay it'll go I guess.

If a store or show has back issues of Invincible for sale, which ones are you buying? Example: 1 thru 12.

Patrick

Interesting, but at what price point?

For instance, someone has a run of 70-80. What would be an acceptable price?

Or even 20-30.

Not looking sell, just gaging interest.

Patrick

Patrick

Or even 20-30.

Patrick

I meant I'd buy them all if 1-12 was in a box in front of me. Those issues are had to find. Even now if you search ebay you may only find a few issues of each- trust me I've been filling in my run. I'm still amazed I found issue 6 in a dollar bin a few years ago.

If all the issues were priced $15--$20 from 3-12 I'd buy 'em. 1 and 2 would be a tad more difficult.

If 70-80 were for sale, I probably wouldn't go after them.

Patrick

Or even 20-30.

Patrick

I'd offer half cover for a run of 70-80

I'd offer full cover for a run of 20-30. They can cost up to 5 bucks for those issues individually.

So in other news, I got a 12 year old girl reading Invincible. She's read from trades 1-20 and loves it.

This post got me thinking, what age would be appropriate for Invincible?

I ask because of the violence. My daughter is 10. She loved Ultimate Spider-Man and flew through the books, but I haven't found anything super hero driven since that she enjoys as much. I think she'd love this book though.

So in other news, I got a 12 year old girl reading Invincible. She's read from trades 1-20 and loves it.

This post got me thinking, what age would be appropriate for Invincible?

I ask because of the violence. My daughter is 10. She loved Ultimate Spider-Man and flew through the books, but I haven't found anything super hero driven since that she enjoys as much. I think she'd love this book though.

I would say it depends on the maturity of the kid. 10 seems fairly young for the violence and the unresolved issues. However, if you have a relatively mature 10 year old who can talk to you about what they are reading, it could be good.

Really your call, but 10 year olds these days aren't like when we were 10 years old...

12-13 is a pretty safe bet and there are a few other books she could read in the meantime. The New Ms. Marvel comes to mind.

Patrick

If they are the right price:

#1 - 1st full Invincible & Omni Man

#2 - 1st Robot, Eve, and a bunch of others

#5 - 1st full Allen

#9 - 1st Monster Girl

#11 & #12 - Fight with Omni Man

#26 - 1st Oliver

Keep a look out for the Noble Causes 3 Variant as well. Gets good money in the higher grades. Can't imagine the print run is very high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291480324889?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Thanks for pointing this one out. Been wanting a copy in 9.8 for a while and was the lucky winner. Don't really care about the regular cover, particularly since this variant cover has a cameo pic of Invincible on the cover. Love it. Cross this one off my list. :)

Patrick

If they are the right price:

#1 - 1st full Invincible & Omni Man

#2 - 1st Robot, Eve, and a bunch of others

#5 - 1st full Allen

#9 - 1st Monster Girl

#11 & #12 - Fight with Omni Man

#26 - 1st Oliver

Keep a look out for the Noble Causes 3 Variant as well. Gets good money in the higher grades. Can't imagine the print run is very high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291480324889?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Thanks for pointing this one out. Been wanting a copy in 9.8 for a while and was the lucky winner. Don't really care about the regular cover, particularly since this variant cover has a cameo pic of Invincible on the cover. Love it. Cross this one off my list. :)

No problem and nice snag! It doesn't come up that often in 9.8. I agree about the regular cover.

Question for anyone that happens to know: Does Invincible appear inside the story as well? Or is the image on the variant cover the first cameo appearance alone?

Great to see everyone this weekend at Special Edition NYC. We were unbelievably slammed all weekend. Will try to get some videos I took edited, but my tripod broke day one, and honestly we were so busy with sales that it wasn't easy to do that and handle video.

Does anyone have an image of that page/panel handy?

I posted my pic of that DPS OA awhile back in this thread. Got it for a song, maybe best deal I've ever made in the hobby.

here ya go. penciled by Ian Richardson.

image_zpskssyzt45.jpg

Edited by simplyrob

I think Kirkman missed out on the opportunity to poke fun at Marvel and the Spiderman character Kraven the Hunter by having Thragg wear his Battle Beast skin as a vest.

I give anyone reading this post permission to steal this idea and have Ryan sketch it at a convention... I'd love to see it!

786397-kraven_00_zpsgbnhqqth.jpg