• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I had picked up 10 of these for under $10 each. Shocked this morning to see a recent 9.8 sale of $176 + shipping :whatthe:

INVINCIBLE #1 - CGC 9.8 - GOLD FOIL EDITION - IMAGE/SKYBOUND - 2020 | eBay

And recent sales raw/graded:

invincible 1 gold foil 2020 | eBay

I picked up a couple as well just because I liked the Gold foil cover it is appreciating well.

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I picked up a couple as well just because I liked the Gold foil cover it is appreciating well.

I checked all my normal comic websites yesterday and the only one that was not sold out was Golden Apple. They were $20 each and I just looked to see if there were any more and now they are $50 - overnight.O.o

45 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

who?

The boardie before that comment...he was probably thinking he was in the modern thread. Easy to do sometimes.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I had picked up 10 of these for under $10 each. Shocked this morning to see a recent 9.8 sale of $176 + shipping :whatthe:

INVINCIBLE #1 - CGC 9.8 - GOLD FOIL EDITION - IMAGE/SKYBOUND - 2020 | eBay

And recent sales raw/graded:

invincible 1 gold foil 2020 | eBay

On 5/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, fastballspecial said:

Unreal that a CBCS 9.8 recently sold for $202 plus $18 shipping...invincible 1 gold lcsd foil 2020 cgc | eBay

I have 18 at CGC for grading and it will be about 2 months before they come back LOL...we'll see how it is going by August or so. My prescreen is at 9.8 for all of them though there is a chance that maybe 3 are 9.6. I have only 35 in total. At this rate, I can sell some raws that may grade around 9.2 and be even on the investment...$$$ from that point on.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

16 hours ago, Nicole Powell said:

For me invincible isn't just one of my favorite comics of all time, it's my favorite 2000s superhero comic book.

Same. (I'm counting Planetary as 90's since that's when it started) It truly was the last monthly book that I started at the beginning and really looked forward to every month. I really hope Kirkman continues it in some way. 

Hey! I live in Atlanta too! 

On 5/19/2021 at 11:28 AM, bigclutch said:

Great cover??? GREATEST COVER!!!!!!!

It is definitely my favorite cover throughout the entire series.

Also on a side note, any update on the Black Foil #1? 

On 1/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, Chillax23 said:

Is it just me or is it hard to find a high grade copy of Invincible 1 - been looking for a CGC 9.4 for a few months now.

Same with a 9.8 copy of #19 ……. Because everyone needs some Battle Beast in their collection 😁👍

There are a few of the variant covers attack peter did for 19 on ebay. And I seen one or two #1's the  last few weeks on there but you are correct people are probably just holding out on listing for season 2 since the hype has died out a bit.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:24 AM, Phillip said:
On 1/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, Chillax23 said:

Is it just me or is it hard to find a high grade copy of Invincible 1 - been looking for a CGC 9.4 for a few months now.

Same with a 9.8 copy of #19 ……. Because everyone needs some Battle Beast in their collection 😁👍

There are a few of the variant covers attack peter did for 19 on ebay. And I seen one or two #1's the  last few weeks on there but you are correct people are probably just holding out on listing for season 2 since the hype has died out a bit.

As far as I know, you can still pick up Noble Causes Secrets #3 fairly cheap........

I'm not sure why it hasn't caught on.

Auction for a #1 gold foil LCSD edition (2020) ended pretty high tonight. Not sure if the bidding was legit though looking at the bids: invincible 1 gold lcsd cgc | eBay

I've sold quite a few 9.8's for $95-ish, but definitely nowhere close to this price.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 7/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, Legion HQ said:

Invincible custom labels!

Invincible custom labels.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, ChrisInBaltimore said:

These are pretty cool- maybe I should try and get my copy of 1 signed and regraded. 

I don't have the original unfortunately, though I have the Larry's Edition. Just in, these two are the first of several more coming back from CGC. Labels look great! I might change the label to this on the Larry's...

20220202_210407.jpg

20220202_210421.jpg

20220202_210523.jpg

20220202_210540.jpg

On 3/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, PossumGrease said:

I don't quite get the high prices for the What Not variants or why they even exist. If that's what the market demands, then it would seem those 5th anniversary covers should be selling for more.  

I've still never understood how Noble Causes #3 can sell for so little doh!

Even when the 1st full appearance is valued so high lol