• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Moving back to the book, what do people see happening with Angstrom?

I wonder how Kirkman can top the past. But he always seems to in this book.

Pat

I can easily see alternate universe Viltrumites being brought forth by Angstrom. He did it before with Mark, so why not break out 50 alternate versions of Conquest. How sick would that be?

Mind blown.

Robert, Ryan...Make it so!

Moving back to the book, what do people see happening with Angstrom?

I wonder how Kirkman can top the past. But he always seems to in this book.

Pat

I can easily see alternate universe Viltrumites being brought forth by Angstrom. He did it before with Mark, so why not break out 50 alternate versions of Conquest. How sick would that be?

Mind blown.

Robert, Ryan...Make it so!

I just read most of the series in the past month and by reading that much in a short period of time you start to see themes that I know I might have missed if dragging it out over years. I can totally see a revisiting of multiverse characters.

Like they did with:

Multiple returns of Angstrom

Multiple returns of the Squidd

Multiple returns of the Immortal

Multiple returns of the Mauler twins

The new incarnation of Rex (Robot)

The same recurring subtle jokes and panels

Kirkman has already set the stage with the multiple dimensions and really has barely used them as a setting. I can see Mark getting pulled into another dimension with the multiple Conquests there and ready and Mark has no help (because they are in his home dimension)

In my dream :cloud9:

I can see Mark getting pulled into another dimension with the multiple Conquests there and ready and Mark has no help (because they are in his home dimension)

Wouldn't Invincible have the alternate dimension friendly counterparts that could help him? Things could go all kinds of crazy. Mark wouldn't see his baby from Eve until after it's born, when he comes back with Viltrumite babies via Anissa after they're both stranded somewhere sexy.

I can see Mark getting pulled into another dimension with the multiple Conquests there and ready and Mark has no help (because they are in his home dimension)

Wouldn't Invincible have the alternate dimension friendly counterparts that could help him? Things could go all kinds of crazy. Mark wouldn't see his baby from Eve until after it's born, when he comes back with Viltrumite babies via Anissa after they're both stranded somewhere sexy.

Multiple possibilities

The Mark of that dimension could have been killed the during the first war.

I doubt Angstrom would bring Mark into dimension where another version of himself exists.

I can see Anissa Turing against Mark, but then saving him as he is close to death. Now that would be interesting.... hm

Or.... Really crazy.... Multiple versions of Omni-Man :o

It seems to me that Kirkman is building toward Robot turning evil.

Robot has become super powerful in the last few arcs. It would be a VERY interesting story.

Pat

I feel you on that thought. The way he is pushing himself further and further.... He could totally snap.

It seems to me that Kirkman is building toward Robot turning evil.

Robot has become super powerful in the last few arcs. It would be a VERY interesting story.

Pat

+100

There have been a ton of hints to that along the way.

When he was put on probation, when they fired him as leader of GotG, and when he put his mind in the clone body all pop into my mind as times I thought he was going to turn early in the series. Especially the mind in the clone body, when afterwards he said it was time for phase 2 of his master plan. Kirkman let that sit for awhile before jokingly revealing that phase 2 was hooking up with Monster Girl. lol

I recently reread the Flaxxan storyline and I have to admit it reads alot better than reading it monthly like I did originally. Kirkman certainly revisited the foreshadowing a Robot heel turn at the end of that storyline too.