• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

The one thing about Invincible is the fans are among the most die hard of any in comics. But also it's very weird that so many people chase down Ottley at conventions but know nothing about Invincible other than he draws it.

I spent a lot of time in Baltimore explaining the book to people with him. I've done sales my whole life so he told me to just pitch the book to people.

Orders have gone down in the last 4 years for Invincible. When it should have got a bump from TWD.

Bummer

The glass is 1/2 full, not 1/2 empty. 2c

Lots of books have had higher numbers, but then fall below and get cancelled.

Invincible sales are pretty good for an independent comic. Invincible 106 was 13,961 issues.

Which out sold books like Spawn, Nowhere Men, Thief of Thieves, Rat Queens, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Uber, Five Ghosts, Bedlam, Massive, Sheltered, Rachel Rising, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Clone, Todd the Ugliest Kid, Prophet, Suicide Risk, The Sixth Gun, and all the new Valiant books in November. (I used these titles as examples, because they seem to be other favorites discussed here on the boards.)

Plus, It is bought by 100% fans who read the book. It's sales numbers are based on 100% merit of the book. It's not a new #1, not a new series, not a TV show, not a movie, no rumors of TV or Movie coming, etc.... So it's not a speculator book. Putting that into perspective I think the book is solid. Now if they did ever make a TV show or movie.... hm

Orders have gone down in the last 4 years for Invincible. When it should have got a bump from TWD.

Bummer

The glass is 1/2 full, not 1/2 empty. 2c

Lots of books have had higher numbers, but then fall below and get cancelled.

Invincible sales are pretty good for an independent comic. Invincible 106 was 13,961 issues.

Which out sold books like Spawn, Nowhere Men, Thief of Thieves, Rat Queens, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Uber, Five Ghosts, Bedlam, Massive, Sheltered, Rachel Rising, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Clone, Todd the Ugliest Kid, Prophet, Suicide Risk, The Sixth Gun, and all the new Valiant books in November. (I used these titles as examples, because they seem to be other favorites discussed here on the boards.)

Plus, It is bought by 100% fans who read the book. It's sales numbers are based on 100% merit of the book. It's not a new #1, not a new series, not a TV show, not a movie, no rumors of TV or Movie coming, etc.... So it's not a speculator book. Putting that into perspective I think the book is solid. Now if they did ever make a TV show or movie.... hm

Good points all around bud (thumbs u

"Image partner and "The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman joins Stephenson on stage, discussing "Invincible" #111 -- jokingly describing it as "three number ones in one issues -- saying the "scale and the scope of the of this story will far outpace" anything seen before in the series, and will change the course of the book. "I think people will be surprised with the direction that we're going in." Kirkman notes that it's artist Ryan Ottley's 100th issue on the series. He says it's almost like a new writer taking over the book, "'The Walking Dead' Robert Kirkman," since there will be an increased amount of "horror and misery." "This has always been planned, but it's fun to get to this stuff.""

"Image partner and "The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman joins Stephenson on stage, discussing "Invincible" #111 -- jokingly describing it as "three number ones in one issues -- saying the "scale and the scope of the of this story will far outpace" anything seen before in the series, and will change the course of the book. "I think people will be surprised with the direction that we're going in." Kirkman notes that it's artist Ryan Ottley's 100th issue on the series. He says it's almost like a new writer taking over the book, "'The Walking Dead' Robert Kirkman," since there will be an increased amount of "horror and misery." "This has always been planned, but it's fun to get to this stuff.""

:takeit:

Some of the info is saying the new arc begins with a betrayal. link to 111 cover and description

Maybe Evil Robot is going to happen sooner than we thought. He did have that secret room made in the new space base, and was upset about Invincible getting credit in the media for stopping Dinosauraus.

And Robot made the comment recently that he has secret rooms everywhere... hm

Or if Kirkman did something with Titan and said, "I didn't have that in mind from day one, but threw it together after reading the idea on the CGC forum." lol lol

^^lol

I hope so! I own the original art of the first appearance of Titan. I think he's a great character and would love to see more of him!

INV1-11.JPG

Here's my latest art addition. A little different style but I absolutely love it. It's done by an artist name CJ Draden who paints a piece of glass then scraps off the paint with a razor blade and what's left over is the picture. Just awesome. 16x20 Enjoy

image_zps8ea55eb2.jpg

I can safely say. I think robot is going to be the worst villain ever. If that happens it is really going to reinvigorate the series. He said he is going to write starting at 111 as walking dead Robert instead of invincible Robert. Interesting....