• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Kirkman's done stuff like this before. Him and Ottley are just having a laugh at all the gimmicks the big two always pull on series. He's made fun of new #1's before... even inside the pages of Invincible. This is all just a fun little teaser to get people talking about Invincible, and it seems to be working. :whistle: just a guess though :shy:

I have a feeling this book would pick up 20,000 readers if they started over. I don't care one way or another but that is my guess. I was buying this and TWD when they were new and actually thought this would be the bigger hit. lol

I think a lot of people felt they missed the boat back then and some of us won't start in the middle or a run. What do you guys think ?

I hope it doesn't start with a new #1 (please)

There can easily be many (many) more stories to go another 100+ issues

Possiblies:

The Son (or Daughter) of Invincible

Evil Robot

Return of Conquest

The Coming of Age of Oliver (a lot of possibilities here - like him wanting to take up his Viltrumite ways)

The Return of Thragg

Battle Beast goes Rogue

The Son of Monster Girl Rises

Sooooo many possibilities :idea:

Possiblies:

Evil Robot

Return of Conquest

The Coming of Age of Oliver (a lot of possibilities here - like him wanting to take up his Viltrumite ways)

The Return of Thragg

Battle Beast goes Rogue

Absolutely!

We were talking about Robot earlier, but you're right about Oliver too. So many possibilities there. (thumbs u

I also have high hopes for Titan. I always think it's cool when the villain from issue #1 goes on to become the iconic major antagonist. Magneto, Joker, and Shredder come to mind. Every so often Titan gets better and better. I think it would be cool if in another 10 years he became a major badass and Kirkman could say "see, I had this planned since #1." lol

I think a new #1 is a terrible idea. 2c

It'll never happen. Check out the last panel.

in-11_zps265038a8.jpg

You realize this was written by the same guy who just did TWD 100 and 115 with approximately a kazillion covers each. lol

He did this on Invincible to a smaller scale. I love the book but I buy it in TPB form anymore and I'm not saying he will start over. I'm just saying he would sell more #1s than #111.

Possiblies:

Evil Robot

Return of Conquest

The Return of Thragg

Battle Beast goes Rogue

Along the Evil Robot line, I keep thinking he'll kill Monster Girl. But their monster child will stop Robot and become a hero in our universe. Kirkman is really good about making a character appear one way and then completely flipping.

Pat

I'm thinking Invincible needing to "start over" (stranded) in an alternate universe is completely plausible and something that I would love to see. It's all ready. He has disappeared before only to be found years and years later (in the reg universe), right? It's a brilliant idea. Like I said, I'd love to see Anissa get stuck with Mark. Who knows who would still be alive in another universe. We could revisit those that have passed (Rex, Dinosaurus, Conquest, hell even Thaddeus would be great to see again). Vice versa works as well. Maybe Oliver, Eve, and Cecil are all dead. Damn.