• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some golden age books for sale, runs, Pedigrees, Centuars...

350 posts in this topic

Do you ever come across DC war?

Andy

unfortunately, I never really collected DC war :sorry:

all of these are books from my personal collection, since I need to raise $'s (thumbs u

Wish I had the money, would have all those sensations :(

If it helps those are really tough numbers...

and Gator;) before you nag;) I'm OUT of money;) :baiting: :tonofbricks::cloud9:

well, I already owe you one of these (worship)

folks, I have multiple interest/offers in on the CC 13, and some folks have asked for a better AA 61 scan, so I will kill 2 birds with one stone here...and given the likelihood of the CC 13 selling, that gives me $200ish in room to work down on the AA 61 price (to 2799 ish)

also, I proactively disclose restoration, pressing, etc...so, to clarify (because I was asked), to the best of my knowledge, this book has had no work done, manipulation, pressing, etc... AA 61 :news:sold

aa61-1.jpg

Awesome! Grundy (worship)

Beautiful copy at what seems like a very fair price - looks nicer than 5.5 - thank god it's been sold and I don't have to debate whether to to spend nearly 3K on a comic without telling my wife.

ditto, minus the wife. :whatev:

Sharon is right on these Sensations. Most Wonder Woman collectors acknowledge that the latter issues of Sensations are the harder ones to locate. Finding them above 5.0 is a real challenge. Some issues might only pop up once or twice a year. And those copies are usually poor to fair copies. At Chicago Con only one dealer had any issues above 75. Tough books.

On top of that the only real pedigree copies above issue 75 are the Crippen copies. So you really don't seee the uber high grades like you do with other runs like Batman and Superman. Heck, you don’t see many issue numbers grade above 8.0.

In case people are wondering Rick had some the best copies graded from this period. See below.

75-cgc7.0 - 2nd Highest

78-cgc3.0 - 2nd highest - Top census is only 5.0

79-cgc7.0 - Top census

80-cgc7.0 - Top census

82-cgc8.0 - 2nd Highest

81-cgc7.0 - 2nd Highest - Top census is 8.0

83-cgc5.0 - 2 better - Top census is only 7.0

86-cgc6.5 - 2nd Highest - Top census is only 7.5

This was a rare opportunity to pick up some of the harder Sensations. Can’t believe you let them go Rick. :hi:

Sharon is right on these Sensations. Most Wonder Woman collectors acknowledge that the latter issues of Sensations are the harder ones to locate. Finding them above 5.0 is a real challenge. Some issues might only pop up once or twice a year. And those copies are usually poor to fair copies. At Chicago Con only one dealer had any issues above 75. Tough books.

On top of that the only real pedigree copies above issue 75 are the Crippen copies. So you really don't seee the uber high grades like you do with other runs like Batman and Superman. Heck, you don’t see many issue numbers grade above 8.0.

In case people are wondering Rick had some the best copies graded from this period. See below.

75-cgc7.0 - 2nd Highest

78-cgc3.0 - 2nd highest - Top census is only 5.0

79-cgc7.0 - Top census

80-cgc7.0 - Top census

82-cgc8.0 - 2nd Highest

81-cgc7.0 - 2nd Highest - Top census is 8.0

83-cgc5.0 - 2 better - Top census is only 7.0

86-cgc6.5 - 2nd Highest - Top census is only 7.5

This was a rare opportunity to pick up some of the harder Sensations. Can’t believe you let them go Rick. :hi:

thanks BB...some times, you have to make the "tough" decision....I hope the reward is worth it too :wishluck: