• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We Know That Slabs Aren't Waterproof...

86 posts in this topic

Kenny asked me if it would be cool for him to post the images showing the before/during and after of the book. I told him "of course - do it!"

Now that's what restoration is all about, my friends.

Great work, pal.

:gossip: conservation..

:makepoint: Restoration.

:sumo:

Kenny asked me if it would be cool for him to post the images showing the before/during and after of the book. I told him "of course - do it!"

Great work, pal.

lol

Great work, pal.

lol

I was just quoting a friend on the boards...I dont have an opinion on the matter other than if it's required then it's probably the right thing to do at the time...in this case it's the right thing to do and this book looks great after a lot of hard work... (thumbs u

Great work, pal.

Look folks - I made the first resto/conserv quip in this thread so don;t go emoticoning each other about it! :baiting:

Kenney, this is a beautiful job. Yet another of your books improved by the restoration. As always, your judgement is spot on and you know just how far to take a book without compromising it. To me that is the mark of a truly professional restorer (conservator (: ). Just beautiful work! (8:08AM)

Although, like Scott, I do lean towards the term restoration.

Kenny?

:golfclap:

Looks like that book also went from a 3.0 to a 5.0 or better with only a slight amount of [resto] conservation.

I will take those books all day long at a fraction of the price.

(worship)

Great work....

Oh...shameless plug....

I love pressed books.

:gossip: