• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

And I got this triple signed good news a few days ago! Can't wait to get this baby in!!!

"G.I. Joe A Real American Hero 1 6/82 Marvel Comics Signature 9.8 WHITE

SIGNED BY LARRY HAMA ON 11/22/09 HERB TRIMPE ON 4/23/10 & BOB MCLEOD ON 3/26/11 Larry Hama story Trimpe & McLeod cover

Herb Trimpe Bob McLeod Art"

Thanks to a SUPER AWESOME BOARDIE I just got a GI Joe 106 CGC 9.8! First and only one (till next week of course - lol).

I just need 2 more #125 and Yearbook #4 and I'll have all 155, the Special, and the Yearbooks in CGC 9.8!!! (I don't count those damn 2nd prints! I need 6 of those... :frustrated: )

A step closer!!! WooHoo!!!!

GIJoe106.jpg

Edited by Silent Master

And I got this triple signed good news a few days ago! Can't wait to get this baby in!!!

SIGNED BY LARRY HAMA ON 11/22/09 HERB TRIMPE ON 4/23/10 & BOB MCLEOD ON 3/26/11 Larry Hama story Trimpe & McLeod cover

And here it is - triple signed by the writter and both artists! :cloud9:

DSC01270.jpg

You're forgrtting that there were two stories in G.I. Joe #1 and two sets of artists! Now you need to get Don Perlin to add his John Hancock! Unfortunately no way to get Jack Abel's signature. And as a bonus, you could add Al Milgrom who inked the pinups over Trimpe...

DSC01270.jpg

You're forgrtting that there were two stories in G.I. Joe #1 and two sets of artists! Now you need to get Don Perlin to add his John Hancock! Unfortunately no way to get Jack Abel's signature. And as a bonus, you could add Al Milgrom who inked the pinups over Trimpe...

DSC01270.jpg

:sorry:

DSC01270.jpg

:sorry:

OR, you could keep this perfect specimen of a book! OR you could sell it to me. :devil: I'm betting you'll keep it, and job well done! Those are the best sig placements you can get on this cover. :acclaim:

With the 30th Anniversary of GI Joe: ARAH hero on the horizon next year I have been researching and looking at a lot of aspect and history of GI Joe. I recently discovered something and I thought maybe I could touch base with some of you and maybe some people on other GI Joe boards about maybe starting a grass roots movement to push this milestone...

Did you know that Mr. Hama has never been invited to a major comic convention? This is a man that created and/or developed backgrounds for more characters than quite possibly any other comic writer! He wrote most every Marvel GI Joe comic and still finds himself writing stories with those same characters 30 years later! These characters were a focus of more than one animated series and soon to be 2 major motion pictures. I'm sure we could go on and on...

There has to be a way to "encourage" one, if not more than one, of the conventions to honor Mr. Hama next year for his contribution, not only to GI Joe but other titles (the Nam, Wolverine, Bucky O’ Hare, Nth man, Elektra, and others I’m sure). I would think it would be a perfect time - 30th year anniversary, the second movies due out next summer, the ongoing IDW series!

So do you think this is possible? How would we start making a push like this? Maybe some of the artist and creators that post on here could make some suggestions? Anyone out there active on other sites that could ask questions or push this?

Larry has really brought GI Joe to us all and who's to say that GI Joe would have ever made it without Larry's storytelling and character development... we as fans should really find a way to tell him we appreciate his work through the years!!!

Comments? Thoughts?

Hama has never been to a con?!?!!!! We need to do something! After all these years and story telling left out to fry. I would love to jump on board to help. He needs the recognition for creating one of the greatest comics in the last thirty years!

Hama has never been to a con?!?!!!! We need to do something! After all these years and story telling left out to fry. I would love to jump on board to help. He needs the recognition for creating one of the greatest comics in the last thirty years!

Well he's been to cons before; I think his comment was that he has never been invited to a "major con"... I've sent an e-mail to IDW and Hasbro encouraging them to promote Larry's work during next season's con schedule - esp with the new movie coming out.

I know this isn't exactly "Copper" but as Joe fans from the 80's I thought some of you might appriciate these.

I just purchased these 4 pieces from Mr. Hama directly:

The sketch cover artwork from GI Joe:ARAH #170 (Sept release)

RAH_170coverLH.jpg

OR

RAH_171coverLH_2.jpg

(Larry wasn't sure which one IDW was using for the retail incentive cover).

From #171 (October release)

RAH_171coverLH.jpg

From #172 (November release)

RAH_172coverLH.jpg

Larry is one awesome guy!!!

Wow Silent, what else can you do for your Joe collection? hm From blue label best in show, to the greatest SS collection, now to buying comic art from Mr. Joe himself :o Do you think you might get these inked, or will you keep them like this? Thanks for sharing! (thumbs u