• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

My most recent SS addition to my GI Joe # 21 Silent Issue collection! :acclaim: Was hoping for a 9.8 but oh well, cant' win them all. I have to get Mr. Campbell's sig on it next, even though it says it's a Zeck cover on the label.

001-8.jpg[/img]

I had this signed by the legendary Russ Heath. It's the only issue that he drew for GI Joe. He's known for his DC war genre work mostly. This is currently the only Heath signed copy that exists! :o:cloud9: (thumbs u

009-2.jpg[/img]

Edited by OV

I had this signed by the legendary Russ Heath. It's the only issue that he drew for GI Joe. He's known for his DC war genre work mostly. This is currently the only Heath signed copy that exists! :o:cloud9: (thumbs u

009-2.jpg[/img]

VERY NICE!!! (and you should sell it to me!!!)

Edited by Silent Master

^Or I'll swap you out my plain unsigned 9.8 issue 24 for your signed...it's a great idea as far as I'm concerned. Joking aside, very cool book OV, one of my favorite issues.

Thank you sir! It's one of mine too. It's the first Storm Shadow cover appearance, isn't it? I always liked Firefly and Wild Weasel is awesome. :)

I'm debating on having it signed by Zeck and Hama, but you never know about grade drops. hm Northern Cal huh? Me too! :hi:

Silent Master,

I was guessing you got those signed at the VA ComicCon. I was at that con (my first "big" con). It was a great one for Joe fans--Larry Hama, Michael Golden, Tim Seeley, and Robert Atkins all in attendance. I got a bunch of raw stuff signed by all the above, and submitted my very first books for grading--my ARAH #21 and my #155 for Hama's signature. I got them back two weeks ago and I still can't stop staring at them. The #21 came back 9.2, but it's a really, really nice 9.2 and I love it :cloud9:. My #155 came back 9.6 :whee: which makes it one of two SS 9.6's and the only one signed by Hama, which, let's face it, is what you want if you're a Joe fan (the other is signed by Stan Lee and was recently, and still may be, on eBay). The only one better is yours--that's what makes you the Master :grin: One of these days I'll get around to posting pics of them . . .

And great books everyone--I love visting this thread!

Edited by HEAT Viper

You are correct! (recently been working on getting issues signed by the creative teams so I've been looking into this myself)

Steven Grant wrote #9 & #20

Trimpe wrote #8 & #119

Eric Fein & Vic Sutherland wrote #143

Eric Fein & Peter Quinones wrote #153

Peter Quinones wrote #154

So Hama wrote the other 148.

(This info pulled from Grand Comics Database, YoJoe.com and otther web sources)

Edited by Silent Master

I spent some of the weekend organizing and going through my Joe collection and noticed I have a decent number of extra's, 2nd copy's etc. More so the Devil's Due/Image series but some Marvel, IDW, and others...

Anyway I thought if there was any big Joe collectors out there that were missing a few issues here and there let me know and I'll do some digging (freebies!).

I'll be glad to cover postage unless we find a LOT you need that I have!

Anyway there's the offer - I'm going to duplicate this in the Modern GI Joe Thread as well...

(no extra Marvel #1, #155, Specials #1, etc - lol)

I spent some of the weekend organizing and going through my Joe collection and noticed I have a decent number of extra's, 2nd copy's etc. More so the Devil's Due/Image series but some Marvel, IDW, and others...

Anyway I thought if there was any big Joe collectors out there that were missing a few issues here and there let me know and I'll do some digging (freebies!).

I'll be glad to cover postage unless we find a LOT you need that I have!

Anyway there's the offer - I'm going to duplicate this in the Modern GI Joe Thread as well...

(no extra Marvel #1, #155, Specials #1, etc - lol)

I've got my set, but I have a good friend who is just starting to put together a reader set of Marvel books and who would be happy with those in any condition.

Don't even need to be packed well :insane: