• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I don't think so... at least not at this time.

So many of the higher numbers only have 1 or 2 in 9.8 so I'm really concerned about grade drop on those and having to then find others...

But I do plan on getting the first 50 in CGC 9.8SS, the last 6, and several keys between 50 and 150 (60, 93, 100, 106 most of which I have I believe) and some random issues here and there!

Most of them are Larry of course but I also have signatures from Golden, Trimpe, McLeod, Zeck, Perez, Conner, Grant, and McFarlane. It's been fun finding everyone's signature!

Ok, so I recently re-read my #1 and something occured to me.

I want to ask you guys about the Joes on the cover to #1.

Obviously, you have Steeler driving the tank. Zap with the bazooka, Flash with the bright red pads, Stalker & Scarlet in front of the tank.

But who is jumping towards us, leading the charge?

I always thought it was Grunt. But it occured to me it should be Hawk. The original Hawk had the same uniform, and he's the leader after all. Plus, the original toy Hawk came with a visor on his helmet like the character on the cover. (Grunt didn't have a visor.) Plus, the Grunt in the corner box at the top doesn't have a visor either.

Is it Hawk or Grunt? Thoughts?

GIJoe1CGC98UPC.jpg

Hawk

+1

I'm totally thinking it's Hawk now. But did anyone else ever think it was Grunt? Or am I just :ohnoez:

I think it's because I never had the original Hawk figure. He came with a missle set or something. But I definitely had all the single figures over the years.

Hawk came with the MMS (mobile missile system) and didn't have a weapon but had the visor. However grunt had the m-16. Its like a mix since both Grunt and Hawk had same body but different heads, different shoulder strap colour and boots colour when it came to the paint apps.

With all the simlar things I would still assume to guess its Hawk leading the team.

Green Shirts Rock!

Ok, so I recently re-read my #1 and something occured to me.

I want to ask you guys about the Joes on the cover to #1.

Obviously, you have Steeler driving the tank. Zap with the bazooka, Flash with the bright red pads, Stalker & Scarlet in front of the tank.

But who is jumping towards us, leading the charge?

I always thought it was Grunt. But it occured to me it should be Hawk. The original Hawk had the same uniform, and he's the leader after all. Plus, the original toy Hawk came with a visor on his helmet like the character on the cover. (Grunt didn't have a visor.) Plus, the Grunt in the corner box at the top doesn't have a visor either.

Is it Hawk or Grunt? Thoughts?

GIJoe1CGC98UPC.jpg

Yeah I agree it's Hawk but I thought it was Grunt for years.

I always wondered why these particular characters were chosen? They were the most colorful or unique uniforms??? (and I always thought it was funny that Snake-Eyes, the character that without a doubt appeared on more covers than any other, wasn't on the first cover.)

It is the green shirt era 1982/83 for the toys. Majority had green shirts even Scarlett. Only person that didn't was Snake Eyes for 1982. Even all the vehicles where green. Mobat, Vamp, Ramp, MMS and the list goes on for the era.

It is my favourite era.

EPSON026-3.jpg

EPSON027-2.jpg

Got a surprise in the mail today - these are two books in the Marvel run that were not written by Hama. These 2 were written by Steven Grant; I was happy to get him to sign them!!!

Also a big Kudos to DWC - after 3 seperate subs totalling 14 book I have yet to have a grade drop! Thanks!

Can someone tell me what a GI Joe #1 first printing signed by Larry Hama in about 8.0-9.0 raw goes for?

Thanks

:)

I'd say about $30 or so? (shrug)

A blue label CGC 8.0 ended recently on eBay for about $20. So the signature might bump it up a little. It's tough with raw sigs. Sometimes they don't raise the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-JOE-Real-American-Hero-1-CGC-8-0-Marvel-1982-gi-/170692020002?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27be098722

Can someone tell me what a GI Joe #1 first printing signed by Larry Hama in about 8.0-9.0 raw goes for?

Thanks

:)

I'd say about $30 or so? (shrug)

A blue label CGC 8.0 ended recently on eBay for about $20. So the signature might bump it up a little. It's tough with raw sigs. Sometimes they don't raise the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-JOE-Real-American-Hero-1-CGC-8-0-Marvel-1982-gi-/170692020002?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27be098722

The guy I met wanted $50 for it but to be honest I would just prefer an unsigned one so I passed.