• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Hama was at the Canada GI Joe convention in Toronto just a few weeks back. That would have been probably a good time to get something signed. If I had a way to go there I would have and got something signed.

I have been pondering getting my #21 CGC but wondering if a 8.0-9.0 range is even worth it.

I love getting books Larry's signed! I have #1, #21, and #155 all 9.8SS signed by Larry and several others! Always worth it to get Larry's signature!

I too would love to get his signature on the Hama sketch variants #156 & #157 as well (I wonder if IDW is going to continue using Larry sketches for their incentive books??)

Shortstack - I don't believe I have ever seen any signed copies of the digest; you might be onto something new there. (post a pic if you get it)

No idea if #3 wil have a sketch book and so on.

I try and check the idw site for solicitations but can never find it unlike Marvel where you can see whats coming up for sale. I never know when the Joe books are coming and usually a surprise lol

I never know when teh Joe books are coming and usually a surprise lol

Lately DCBservice has started soliciting for the variants on the Joe books (past two months). They typically have the expected shelf date as well for all the Joe books. This is the only place I've been able to find it.

I love getting books Larry's signed! I have #1, #21, and #155 all 9.8SS signed by Larry and several others! Always worth it to get Larry's signature!

AMEN!!!!

I too would love to get his signature on the Hama sketch variants #156 & #157 as well (I wonder if IDW is going to continue using Larry sketches for their incentive books??)

These are my favorite incentive books on the market. My LCS owner thinks they are a little wierd, but is more than happy that I'm glad to take them off his hands. lol

Shortstack - I don't believe I have ever seen any signed copies of the digest; you might be onto something new there. (post a pic if you get it)

^^

I try and check theidw site for solitations but can never find it unlie Marvel where you can see whats coming up for sale. I never know when teh Joe books are coming and usually a surprise lol

You know I stop by the IDW site a few times a week and read the GI Joe Forums and you are right, IDW doesn't seem to release much about their books! It's almost like they go out of their way to hide info on upcoming books...

I don't see why they won't do a little better job at marketing! Especially on thier own web-site!

I try and check theidw site for solitations but can never find it unlie Marvel where you can see whats coming up for sale. I never know when teh Joe books are coming and usually a surprise lol

You know I stop by the IDW site a few times a week and read the GI Joe Forums and you are right, IDW doesn't seem to release much about their books! It's almost like they go out of their way to hide info on upcoming books...

I don't see why they won't do a little better job at marketing! Especially on thier own web-site!

I cant even find a listing for the ARAH listing in their joe content, lots of trades and some of their other series like Cobra II and such.

Really wish they would update that.

There was a thread in the General Section about foreign books and I posted these so I thought I would copy these over here for you 'Joe fans (a few of these were printed outside the Copper Age, but they are reprints of the original Copper Age books)

It's taken me several years to come up with these and I've managed in some cases to complete full sets of these foreign runs.

Here we go - GI Joe (or in some cases Action Force as it's known in some coutries) around the world

Argentina

EPSON142-1.jpg

Australia

EPSON143-1.jpg

Canada

EPSON144-1.jpg

Chili

EPSON145-1.jpg

Denmark

EPSON146-1.jpg

Germany

EPSON138-1.jpg

Indonesia

EPSON147-1.jpg

Italy

EPSON148.jpg

Mexico X 2

EPSON149-1.jpg

EPSON150-1.jpg

Netherlands

EPSON151-1.jpg

Norway

EPSON152-1.jpg

Poland

EPSON153-1.jpg

Spain

EPSON140-1.jpg

Sweden

EPSON154-1.jpg

Turkey

EPSON155-1.jpg

UK

EPSON141-1.jpg

The final word on the #3, #4, & #5 bagged issues... this comes from a 'Joe collector from up in Canada that I met years ago and in my opinion is the most well-versed in a things "GI Joe comics"...

#3 there 3 variants

-NewsStand 60cent square price block, barcode

-DirectSales 60cent diamond price block, clearSpidey

- Not listed 2nd print (baggedSet 3-4-5) 60cent M shaped price block, blackSpidey

#4 there 4 variants

-NewsStand 60cent square price block, barcode

-CND NewsStand 75cent square price block, barcode

-???? Marvel check list should list #4 (I Don't have one)

- Not listed 2nd print (baggedSet 3-4-5) DirectSales 60cent M shaped price block, clear Spidey Marvel check list #11

#5 there 5 variants

- NewsStand 60cent square price block

-CND NewsStand 75cent square price block

- DirectSales 60cent M shaped price block

- DirectSales 75cent Square shaped price block (I've only found in Canada)

-Not listed 2nd print (baggedSet 3-4-5) 60cent M shaped price block, clear Spidey Marvel check list #11

#3 - Not listed 2nd print (baggedSet 3-4-5) 60cent M shaped price block, blackSpidey

This is wrong - the bagged 2nd print of #3 had a "clear" Spidey with the webbing on it not a black Spidey. It's the same as the #4 & 5 in the bag. I don't even think Black Spidey was introduced by the time G.I. Joe #11 came out.

#3 - Not listed 2nd print (baggedSet 3-4-5) 60cent M shaped price block, blackSpidey

This is wrong - the bagged 2nd print of #3 had a "clear" Spidey with the webbing on it not a black Spidey. It's the same as the #4 & 5 in the bag. I don't even think Black Spidey was introduced by the time G.I. Joe #11 came out.

doh! - :foryou: