• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

where does this money ultimately come from? Who is giving the money back?
Microsoft is banking it because they want people to try and hopefully stick with their search engine.

I made a lot of purchases at 30% cash back. I still have one more I would like to make but 8% is just not going to cut it.

Don't get me wrong 8% is way better than nothing, but it no longer makes sense to have people post "Buy it Now's" from these boards, because 8% won't even cover the fees for most items.

Maybe it will go back up sometime.

If not, it was great while it lasted.

I'm getting 25% now when I type in CGC as my search, but I don't get an icon at the Ebay site... (shrug) Anyone know if the discount will be granted?

I didn't get the Live Search cashback symbol either. hm

Anyone have any further info. on this 25% with CGC or have a link to info. on the .net? I don't see anymore 8% for Wii, but I do see the 25% but the icon doesn't show up at the top of the eBay page...

I have to wonder if ebay or whomever is actually giving the money bit off more than they can chew? Sitll waiting for the double digit cashbacks from ebay.

Anyone have any further info. on this 25% with CGC or have a link to info. on the .net? I don't see anymore 8% for Wii, but I do see the 25% but the icon doesn't show up at the top of the eBay page...

I have to wonder if ebay or whomever is actually giving the money bit off more than they can chew? Sitll waiting for the double digit cashbacks from ebay.

I was able to redeem my 25% cashback amount ($149.99) yesterday by having it deposited to my Paypal account. They say it will take up to 7 days to show up in there though. The transfer is "in process" right now.

But now when I type in "CGC" from the Windows Live screen it no longer shows the link to eBay.

As it gets closer to Christmas, the general thinking seems to be that consumers will pay slightly higher prices due to the fixed date and nature of the Holidays. Hence, discounts or the Live promotion probably aren't necessary at this point. (shrug)

As it gets closer to Christmas, the general thinking seems to be that consumers will pay slightly higher prices due to the fixed date and nature of the Holidays. Hence, discounts or the Live promotion probably aren't necessary at this point. (shrug)

Here's hoping they start it up again tomorrow (day after Christmas). :wishluck:

Live.com cashback is back up & running - it's only at 8%, but, hey, that's better than nothing. I used "cheap wii" as the search term on live.com

Not working for ebay searches.... (shrug)

Works just fine for me - and I get that little cashback logo on ebay when I click the link (shrug)

cashbacksearch.gif