• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Classic Covers - Tribute to the Golden Age

46 posts in this topic

(thumbs u

That All Winners #11 sent me spiraling into GA books when he had it in his VCC last year. Such a terrific cover!

Great work!

R.

allright, count 'em up; which one of you big shots has the most of those covers?

I think that GE has all of them.

I have 29. I bet you have about 50 or so.

Amazing! Great presentation. And holy cow, do you have some cool comics!

Thanks Richard!

When budgets are tight :cry: , I try to spend more time enjoying the books I have...

GE

Well, if the budget gets REALLY tight, I'd like to enjoy your Action #36. :hi:

Amazing! Great presentation. And holy cow, do you have some cool comics!

Thanks Richard!

When budgets are tight :cry: , I try to spend more time enjoying the books I have...

GE

Well, if the budget gets REALLY tight, I'd like to enjoy your Action #36. :hi:

lol

allright, count 'em up; which one of you big shots has the most of those covers?

I think that GE has all of them.

I have 29. I bet you have about 50 or so.

i am a dumbarse; i thought he was just cutting and pasting from all kinds of sources to fill up a list he'd put together. no idea they were ALL his!! way to go GE; very damn impressive, indeed.

Yes, those books are mine but I have yet to experience the joy of completing a GA run (even a small one!). Instead, I've picked a few issues here and there-- esp the classic and flag covers.

Funny, the other hobbyists kept thinking the CGC grade was the issue number! "Wow, Action Comics #7!" lol

Overall, the impression was that comics brings art, history and pop culture together better than any other hobby. Vintages maps with detailed 'cartouches' of sea monsters and mythology gods probably came the closest. Coins were impressive, shiny gold and silver with intricate engravings...but no nostalgia factor like comics.

Everyone was blown away by the bondage and Hitler covers. "Those are things you'll never see on U.S. currency!" :insane:

GE

i am a dumbarse

(worship) to stating the obvious!

hm given that parker is smarter than me, where does that leave me (shrug)

One year older as of yesterday (thumbs u

i am a dumbarse

(worship) to stating the obvious!

hm given that parker is smarter than me, where does that leave me (shrug)

One year older as of yesterday (thumbs u

older and wiser... whew! :whistle:

I hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I did putting it together. Market is down again today, but at least we have GA comics!

Respectfully, GE

Loved it - great job (and covers)!! Are all the books yours?