• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was curious if anyone has any opinions/thoughts on how rare (or common) white pages are on this book? On the AF15 thread I have learned that it's apperently extra rare for that particular book, not just books from the early 60s in general (Someone posted  a link where it claimed less then 25 were labeled as white pages).   At least anecdotally, from what I've seen (even just scrolling through this thread) white pages seem to not be as rare for ASM 1s, and that logically makes sense since there are more ASMs in the census and the book is a few months "newer".    

Oh, and here is my temporary entry to the club, however I sold it book a few months ago and have an upgrade on the way, which I will excitedly share pics of once I complete the transaction (and yes, the upgrade does have white pages :) although for me that was a secondary bonus, as for my collection I personally value other factors of how a book looks/presents first,  and as long as the PQ is better than light tan I'm ok) 

image.png.44e2b206b71897ca95784df8dabef720.png

Edited by skyline23

On 1/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, skyline23 said:

Hi everyone,

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was curious if anyone has any opinions/thoughts on how rare (or common) white pages are on this book? On the AF15 thread I have learned that it's apperently extra rare for that particular book, not just books from the early 60s in general (Someone posted  a link where it claimed less then 25 were labeled as white pages).   At least anecdotally, from what I've seen (even just scrolling through this thread) white pages seem to not be as rare for ASM 1s, and that logically makes sense since there are more ASMs in the census and the book is a few months "newer".    

Oh, and here is my temporary entry to the club, however I sold it book a few months ago and have an upgrade on the way, which I will excitedly share pics of once I complete the transaction (and yes, the upgrade does have white pages :) although for me that was a secondary bonus, as for my collection I personally value other factors of how a book looks/presents first,  and as long as the PQ is better than light tan I'm ok) 

Pure White pages on an AF15 are much tougher to get on a cgc designation than on an ASM 1. But there are white paged cgc copies of both books out there. 

On 1/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, skyline23 said:

Hi everyone,

wp are not rare on asm1. every time heritage has an event auction there is usually one wp copy. it's far, far tougher to find af15 with wp. you can go a year without seeing one at any major auction platform. asm3 is tougher to find with wp than asm1. @DSTwould really be the expert on this, since he has collected all the ditkos with WP. 

On 3/19/2022 at 11:18 AM, Wiffy said:

a decent find.

You bet!  ASM1 is a biggie.  A real treat to find as a UKPV. Only 64 CGC universal UK price variants (out of 3099 total, including cents version, so 2.1%).  I have a feeling you'll have more UKPVs to post.  Generally, especially for early SA keys, UKPVs make up about only 2% of universal CGC census, but could be as little as 1.7% (see Strange Tales 110), 1.4% (see Fantastic Four 1) and 1.2% (see FF2).  Can't wait to see what else you post!