• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2022 at 2:51 PM, Wiffy said:

I found ASM 1-40 (minus 2 and 18). Some in decent condition. Some not so good. I never realised how massive the comic world was until I found my father's old collection(300+) and started looking into it. 

great find !   Welcome to the world of the Boards ! This is where you will get all the info you crave/need, believe me.

I'm not sure if he was able to tell you about his collection and to make sure you realized it's value ... hope my kids will 100% understand the significance of my collection when the time comes ..............

Edited by fishbone

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-fn-60-white-pages/a/7270-93064.s

don't know if anyone mentioned this insane result last month at HA. asm1 6.0 with white pages, a very nice copy, sold for 48k when a 7.0 sold for 44,860 one month prior and 5 copies in 5.5 this year all sold for between 25k and 30k. there's no way this was a 50k book. and i am the first one to say that white page copies are worth more. but this was ridiculous. subsequent sales in all grades confirm this as a fairly insane outlier. 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:08 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

That bottom right corner is proof that the rules are different when grading Silver Age books.