• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another batman #1 ebay that loks too goos to be true

23 posts in this topic

"loks too goos" lol

Dimensions as stated are OK, but the No PayPal means a major Red Flag. It just doesn't take that long to get verified (took minutes in my case) so why not hold off on selling a big book like this until it happens?

Hasn't sold anything for more than 90 days, so it's impossible to check what the seller has been dealing in, with the exception of a neg for (alleged) fake autographs. This was Sept 07 and doesn't show in his feedback statistic.

Only other lots up at the moment are signed footballs and a Ryder Cup Autograph book. Didn't Danny D. get his start in collectibles in the sports autograph business?

Spelling? Oh yeah, there's another warning. Deceased Estate? At least it is a variation on the "Grandpa's Attic" theme.

If I was in the UK, and wanted this book I'd certainly be looking at a personal pickup. Otherwise I wouldn't touch it.

My 12c

I wouldn't talk about spelling after looking at your subject title. lol

Looks like a Famous First Edition.

:)

Famous Firsts don't have the red buildings on the left.

Actually, I think you're referring to the Millenium edition. The Famous First edition does indeed have the red building ledge silhouette to the left. In the Milennium edition, it is (for the most part) cut out.

Actually, I think you're referring to the Millenium edition. The Famous First edition does indeed have the red building ledge silhouette to the left. In the Milennium edition, it is (for the most part) cut out.

Despite this, it's not a FFE, as I checked my copy.

Also, outside of the "no Paypal" thing, it's a pretty tempting auction...not that I have the scratch for it. Hopefully, someone across the pond can go check out the book and let us know the deal.

Despite this, it's not a FFE, as I checked my copy.
^^