• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being played? Another Ebay thread..

85 posts in this topic

out of curiosity...what did you pay for the incomplete book?

maybe i could make all of this go away by buying the incomplete book off of you hm

If that was a serious comment, PM me! I paid $150 for it, and I am NOT looking for anything less than $150.

yeah dont worry, paypal will back you up. ebay and paypal always back buyers. let paypal do there thing. it will probably end up paypal asking you to send the book back to the seller--USE A COMAPNY THAT HAS TRACKING so it shows it was delivered.

Oh yeah, do a signature-required when you send it back.

Also, be prepared for this to take longer than expected. I fought this issue twice this year, and by the time I actually had my money back in hand was a few months from the time I initiated the complaint. I was asked at one point to provide a 3rd party's appraisal of the book's condition, but I had already returned to the seller by that point and it wasn't a problem.

You'll win this, eventually, and be wiser for the experience. I learned a lot.

Yea, this guy was a joke. I wanted to work something out for me to keep the book, but after re-reading everything he said to me, he was pretty much trying to intimidate me from filing a claim because he knows he will have to send the money to me...

Say he loses, does HE send the money to me through PP, or does PP automatically take the money from his account and post it in mine?

Oh yeah, do a signature-required when you send it back.

Also, be prepared for this to take longer than expected. I fought this issue twice this year, and by the time I actually had my money back in hand was a few months from the time I initiated the complaint. I was asked at one point to provide a 3rd party's appraisal of the book's condition, but I had already returned to the seller by that point and it wasn't a problem.

You'll win this, eventually, and be wiser for the experience. I learned a lot.

Hopefully this wont take too long. It really is a cut and dry case. I bought a grossly incomplete book, not like I am arguing his grading, but completely left out vital information that most sellers would provide. I bet Dupcak or w/e would even mention pages missing lol

paypal already took the money out of his account when you did claim. so the money goes to you by them.

everything paypal emails you should have a resond by date by either party and i think they have been on time with the claims for me.

about delivery signature...its a good thing because i did the same for a book but they guy was left the notice and never picked up the book.

i was worried that it would get sent back to me me but paypal saw it was waiting for him and just refunded my money!!

Good Times!! I hate ebay!