• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did CLINK auction results get pulled from GPA?

148 posts in this topic

I was actually trying to get George to add forum transactions.

Oh good, more opportunities for price manipulation. :eek:

Uh yeah, like that can't happen on any consignment or auction site or Ebay for that matter. We already had this conversation in detail in another thread.

R.

Roy why is the Avengers 4 cgc 7.5 I purchased from you still on Comic Link?? Can't they update their sales any better than they are doing?? Just curious. (shrug)

Josh purges his site a few times a year.

R.

Uh yeah, like that can't happen on any consignment or auction site or Ebay for that matter. We already had this conversation in detail in another thread.

R.

very true... I think these sales are easily corroborated, and probably far more "firm" than a random ebay sale, etc (and I know of several to many that were "manipulated" with BIN's etc, but then back door deals at far lessor prices!)...but, GPA reports these and folks take them face value...the system is just for reference, and each person should do their own research in conjunction with the "known" references (heritage, ebay, gpa, overstreet, etc)...

To go along with those already offered by Heritage, CLink, eBay and many other consignment sites. meh

I think that if the validation criteria was nailed, the sales around here would have a lot more transparency than those 'recorded' by some of the criminals people currently providing data. (thumbs u

To go along with those already offered by Heritage, CLink, eBay and many other consignment sites. meh

I think that if the validation criteria was nailed, the sales around here would have a lot more transparency than those 'recorded' by some of the criminals people currently providing data. (thumbs u

agreed... I would take a sale here on the boards from trusted members, before some random or more easily manipulated ebay transaction

I would definitely recommend to any users of CL, whether buyer or seller, that they consider individually reporting their sales data to GPA. There won't be an issue of verification if you submit your invoice along with the sales data. I'm sure that would be sufficient for George to include the sales information.

I would definitely recommend to any users of CL, whether buyer or seller, that they consider individually reporting their sales data to GPA. There won't be an issue of verification if you submit your invoice along with the sales data. I'm sure that would be sufficient for George to include the sales information.

There's a problem with selective reporting, though. Buyers who set a record price will want to protect their investment by making sure the sale is reported, but buyers who get a great deal will prefer not to report their purchase, as they'd be bringing down the value of the "last reported sale", as well as the 90-day and 12-month averages.

You end up with GPA values that are skewed higher than the reality of the marketplace.

How can I notify George? Can you give us his contact information? Is he a board member?

dm.

I dont like how someone can find a book for a "steal" and have the book lose value in the process. Say a book is valued and has been sold at $200, I find it on Ebay for $100. I snatch it up immediately knowing its a steal, but if GPA reports the purchase for $100, it will de-value the book in the short term.

I dont like how someone can find a book for a "steal" and have the book lose value in the process. Say a book is valued and has been sold at $200, I find it on Ebay for $100. I snatch it up immediately knowing its a steal, but if GPA reports the purchase for $100, it will de-value the book in the short term.

all part of the system...

How can I notify George? Can you give us his contact information? Is he a board member?

dm.

currently (unless something has changed that I am unaware of), George is not taking and reporting sales from those folks not already on his contributor list

all part of the system...

exactly.