• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Had my first surgery today

43 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

Had my first surgery today. For the past few months, I've been dealing with some stomach ailments (GERD, nausea, bloating,etc.) and it has made my summer miserable. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with an abnormal gallbladder and today I had the thing removed. The procedure took about three hours and have been at the hospital since 10 this morning (paperwork, testing and, of course, waiting). It was the first surgery i have ever had. Needless to say, I was very nervous. Thankfully the procedure went smoothly and, despite being in some pain have started the recovery.

Despite having a fairly miserable summer, this board and the people on it have always provided a nice escape from the dreary reality. So I just wanted to say thanks to al those here.

Casey

p.s. sorry for the off-topic but most of my friends post here. I hope the OT police will take it easy on me. :foryou:

Get well Casey. We need all the sane folks healthy for the next pressing debate. (thumbs u

p.s. sorry for the off-topic but most of my friends post here. I hope the OT police will take it easy on me. :foryou:

OT Police? You obviously didn't spend any time on the boards today. I think they were all at Dunkin Donuts.

Get well soon!

Hey everybody,

Had my first surgery today. For the past few months, I've been dealing with some stomach ailments (GERD, nausea, bloating,etc.) and it has made my summer miserable. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with an abnormal gallbladder and today I had the thing removed. The procedure took about three hours and have been at the hospital since 10 this morning (paperwork, testing and, of course, waiting). It was the first surgery i have ever had. Needless to say, I was very nervous. Thankfully the procedure went smoothly and, despite being in some pain have started the recovery.

Despite having a fairly miserable summer, this board and the people on it have always provided a nice escape from the dreary reality. So I just wanted to say thanks to al those here.

Casey

Did you still make a days pay from work? Just wondering, thinking of your collection and all. :kidaround:

Seriously, I hope this cures the ailments the gallbladder was giving you Casey. :wishluck: