• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So when is that Pedigree book coming out???
2 2

58 posts in this topic

guys, before anyone get's their cyber panties in a wad, we are just joking...

book is NOT out yet!

Wow, I can't believe you actually had to post this. lol

I didn't even know that I had cyber panties, much less that they were in a wad. hm

book is NOT out yet!

I didn't even know that I had cyber panties, much less that they were in a wad. hm

So, you go commando while surfing the net?

book is NOT out yet!

:o:sick:

book is NOT out yet!

I almost didn't (thumbs u

book is NOT out yet!

hm maybe I shouldn't have let the "cat out of the bag" then lol

book is NOT out yet!

dude, think of the kids, I tell you...THINK of the kids :o

I think the goal is to have this book ready for next year's convention season... at the latest.

Unfortunately, they said the same thing before the 2004 convention season too. ;)

and all subsequent years (thumbs u

but, kudos to the boys for at least trying!

And trying they are.

I think the delay has as much to do with them trying to track down original ped lists(Matt mentioned he just got the Hawkeye list a few weeks ago), verifying info and working new things into what was already laid out. That and they are just really,really busy. :juggle:

But it looks like things will be ramping up very soon, Matt even talked about possibly creating a Pedigree Book thread asking for peoples help in proofing/veriying info, submitting needed scans and photos etc..etc.

Should be really fun to see the excitment build as the book finally gets the (thumbs u to print.

What's sad is that around 15 or so years ago, the book was close to being done.  Chapters for most of the pedigrees had been written (I know because I edited many of them) and beautifully laid out with scans of exemplar books, and it appeared that publication was only a few months away.  Then the authors got busy with what I'm sure they believed at the time were temporary scheduling conflicts.  Fast track to today and it appears that the book will never be published.  :(

On 8/14/2021 at 1:26 PM, RareHighGrade said:

What's sad is that around 15 or so years ago, the book was close to being done.  Chapters for most of the pedigrees had been written (I know because I edited many of them) and beautifully laid out with scans of exemplar books, and it appeared that publication was only a few months away.  Then the authors got busy with what I'm sure they believed at the time were temporary scheduling conflicts.  Fast track to today and it appears that the book will never be published.  :(

If all that work has been done, why not turn the project over to someone else and give them credit for their contribution?