• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Heaven Auctions...

34 posts in this topic

...so how exactly does this work.

No online bidding and writing in your bids and sending 10% along with it seems unusual too me (shrug)

Anyone that has tried their auctions care to share :wishluck:

I was going to mention this as a catalog showed up this week, they have been using this format for years. I participated once, probably 5-6 years ago. Submitted bids on a bunch of items, one being an NM Iron Man #1, won that and a few other high grade books in the $20-30 range. While I was not a fan of the format the process was efficient, I received an invoice on what I was owed, paid and received the books in a timely manner. They also accepted a return on the Iron Man #1 as it had a defect that made the grade substantially lower than a NM(I'm not sure it was a VF), and I recieved a refund ina timely manner as well. The other books were accurately graded.

Though being somewhat removed form the whole process was a little bit different, I would say that overall the sytem worked.*

*EDIT:I never participated again, I would prefer to see a scan first.

I have noticed the Comic Heaven auctions before and always thought by using mail in bids that they were not maximizing their potential for people to re-bid before the auction closes. Unless they mail out "you've been out-bid" notices. (shrug)

I have noticed the Comic Heaven auctions before and always thought by using mail in bids that they were not maximizing their potential for people to re-bid before the auction closes. Unless they mail out "you've been out-bid" notices. (shrug)

Nah probably not but since all items have a reserve tied to Guide value generally, the consigner is "assured" of getting a bid high enough if the book sells at all.

Nah probably not but since all items have a reserve tied to Guide value generally, the consigner is "assured" of getting a bid high enough if the book sells at all.

Yeah, I gotcha but it still seems a wee outdated with their mail-in-and-wait method!

It seems a little 70/80ish. I always tease my employees about joining the 21st century. He could probably use a little of the same.

Jon's got all the Timely Mile Highs and the All-American #16 Mile High. He must be doing something right.

Soooooooo, can you guys fill in the blanks for those of us that don't have a clue what Comic Heaven is all about?

Link

Hey! At least you can see some of the books now!

I have never dealt with Verzyl before but I received his auction catalog in the mail this week. I went on line and looked at some of his scans....this one alone would keep me from ever attempting to use such an archaic format that he employs. If this is a NM copy, I will eat my hat. I especially love the rust on the bottom staple and the wear on the top staple. This book is a no better than a 7.0 and his bid requirement is based on a percentage of 700.00! :o Sweet Jesus on a moped.

http://comicheaven.net/photo/08uncanny4.jpg

I was going to take a picture of the paper catalog but apparently I have already filed it in the outdoor paper recycling repository. :eek:

Same here, I've already tossed mine.

(But I did flip through it a couple of mornings while enjoying my morning Cheerios. I guess there wasn't anything in it that I had to have.)

And that Uncanny Tales looks a heck of a lot better than 7.0 to me. (shrug)