• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Ah, but there are only two drawings total of the Goon in the entire book; one just happens to be on the cover. He doesn't even speak any dialogue, as the spreads from Goon #1 that are shown in this book only contain dialogue between the Zombie Priest and Lazlo.

Avatar Illustrated '98 = first cameo

Goon #1 = first full appearance

:sumo:

So how did you find out that this was the first cameo? it doesnt seem like a well known book, i could be wrong

This book has been flying under the radar for quite a while. I myself was oblivious to the importance of this book until a few months ago.

But the publication date of this book precedes that of Goon #1, simple as that. There is no way to ignore this book or what kind of shakeup there will be once CGC officially gives this book the recognition of the cameo appearance.

Big ups to bcruze for my copy of Avatar Illustrated '98. I really can't wait to get it SS'ed.

For those who don't know, Avatar Illustrated '98 predates Goon #1 and features the first appearance of the Goon and the Zombie Priest in a one-page cameo. Hell, if you look on the left of the cover, there's the Goon himself right there.

CGC is still weighing in on the matter, but my opinion is that this book should be designated as the first cameo appearance and Goon #1 as the first full appearance. We shall see what they say. hm

001copy.jpg

So the cat is out of the bag, eh? ;)

Got my copy this week, too. :D

78192.jpg.3a92daff0f90051bd946646fad821673.jpg

I just got off the phone w/ cgc and this is how the cgc label will read.. per Joe at cgc..

1 page Goon preview, Predates Goon #1 From Avatar Press "March 99"

this is better then nothing. I was at least hoping for a cameo but the more people who say something can maybe persway a differant thought? regaurdless its a tough book to get!