• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

October and I talked about this quite some time ago. Might have been almost 2 years ago.

You guys just now found this out. :roflmao:

Thanks for telling us about it. :makepoint:

Do your own homework. :baiting:

Then you can do your own driving to Nashville to pick up a Goon 32 variant next time. :kidaround:

Hey guys

I just wanted to thank you all for turning me onto this series. I'm currently reading the 2nd tpb, and decided that I liked it enough to pick up sum of the rarer issues. Thought I'd just show ya some of what I picked up.

comics409019.jpg

The individual issues run up to 32. Thanks again!!

No, all those images are from 1st issue. The image of goon with the gun is on page 13. The prologue and the other pages 1-2. Plus , no dialogue from the Goon = Cameo at best.

Edited by catch21

Definitely a cameo appearance. Hell, if you consider Dime Press 4 the first cameo appearance of Hellboy, you HAVE to accept this as the 1st cameo appearance of Goon. At least this is an image of the Goon in his fully developed "look" as opposed to the Hellboy illustration on DP4. Regardless, I don't like how CGC has decided to handle the labeling notes on Avatar Illustrated '98 at all.

Can we at least agree it's the first full appearances of Lazlo and the Zombie Priest? lol

October and I talked about this quite some time ago. Might have been almost 2 years ago.

You guys just now found this out. :roflmao:

Thanks for telling us about it. :makepoint:

Do your own homework. :baiting:

I picked up my Best Cellars and Avatar illustrated after having a PM discussion with Andy as well. :whistle:

Yeah, but where are the slots for the DH100 variant and the Nashville variant? :shrug:

BTW, Bobby, I checked on that Warriors comic. 9.6 on a good day. :(

Edited by Lebowski