• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

How much have you been paying "Heff"?

The real Heff doesnt want to pay more than $10-15 a pop

Guess it depends on where you live, Dallas area they are pricing them at 10-30, and thats a good 2 hour driving radius of Dallas as well. :(

They were $20-30 here in Chicago ...

Is the last issue of DHP the 1st Goon at Dark Horse?

Yup. DHP 157. Came out after the original Avatar series. (thumbs u

And Dark Horse passed on Goon originally. doh!

:o T.J. gave up a Goon??!!

Nice score bud :headbang:

Thanks Heff!

Yeah, I had to make him a pretty good trade.....

The book certainly didn't leave his grips easily :)

Yeah, Steve got lucky. I needed books for a signing and he had just what I needed. Like he always does. :cloud9:

But yes, do not expect to see anymore Goons leaving this camp. :sumo:

Big ups to bcruze for my copy of Avatar Illustrated '98. I really can't wait to get it SS'ed.

For those who don't know, Avatar Illustrated '98 predates Goon #1 and features the first appearance of the Goon and the Zombie Priest in a one-page cameo. Hell, if you look on the left of the cover, there's the Goon himself right there.

CGC is still weighing in on the matter, but my opinion is that this book should be designated as the first cameo appearance and Goon #1 as the first full appearance. We shall see what they say. hm

001copy.jpg

so this is the big secret book that you have been talking about. pretty sweet. now that i am officially obsessed with the goon ill have to try and hunt it down along with everything else. The hunt is the best part of the hobby

Big ups to bcruze for my copy of Avatar Illustrated '98. I really can't wait to get it SS'ed.

For those who don't know, Avatar Illustrated '98 predates Goon #1 and features the first appearance of the Goon and the Zombie Priest in a one-page cameo. Hell, if you look on the left of the cover, there's the Goon himself right there.

CGC is still weighing in on the matter, but my opinion is that this book should be designated as the first cameo appearance and Goon #1 as the first full appearance. We shall see what they say. hm

001copy.jpg

Nice find on Bobby's part, and great pickup TJ!

001copy.jpg

Awesome T.J., congrats!! :headbang: