• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Figure I'll show off my latest Goon addition as well, courtesy of Buck Biggins:

2nd highest in census for SS and 1 of only 2 SS!

digital_webbing5.jpg

i love that cover...

Me, too. :applause: My copy isn't as nice, but Eric signed it in person. :grin:

I just got today at my door Avatar Illustrated summer 98.. wow didnt know that book was xxx rated.. but anyhow has the goon partial in the background of lower left front cover and then on page 28 a small spread of the goon by eric powell.. this was published june of 98 so this pre dates the goon number 1 avatar press 1999.. the million dollar question is when i send this in to CGC will it be considered First App of the goon???

not sure but thier are story's in it.. and if it was a preview its still an apperance same thing for that dc spotlight 1985 which was a free mag thats considered first app of watchmen.. this book wasnt free however it was a price of 1 dollar on it. trust me.. I see a big goon collector on this site Ranked number 2 w/ the goon.. He is searching for this book.. Thier must be a reason why!

It's like the other DH 100 contests (Conan, Buffy, Umbrella Academy) - 100 retailers each get 10 free copies of special limited DH 1000 variant (so 1000 copies total). I'm sure copies will start surfacing on ebay shortly.