• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan signing in CA Dec 6. Your suggestions needed.

31 posts in this topic

tos79.gif

Dear Friends,

I’m very happy to report that Gene Colan will be doing a signing at my store, Lee’s Comics in Northern California.

I’m going to list this event in the events section, but first I wanted to post a note here to see if you had any questions, comments or suggestions.

I’ve loved Gene Colan’s work for many years and I want to make this event extra special.

Regards,

Lee Hester

Meet Gene Colan

Saturday December 6th

Noon-2:00pm

Lee’s Comics

1020 N. Rengstorff Ave.

Suite F

Mountain View, CA 94043

(650) 965-1800

www.Lcomics.com

lee@Lcomics.com

From what I hear, Gene is well enough to travel, and is really looking forward to the visit.

He will be accompanied by his wife, Adrienne, who is very protective of him.

She would not allow it if he was not up for it.

I hope to speak to Adrienne soon to see how Gene is doing, and I will report back on what I find out.

Could you guys tell me a little bit about the signature series?

Is there a way to use it to raise money for Gene's medical fund?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Regards,

Lee

imsm.jpg

I'm sure the board witnesses can chime in about pricing structure and witness protocol.

That said, I think you could probably spend a second and PM Kevin Boyd on these boards too. Maybe he can hook you up with further ideas or help facilitate an event if anybody could.

(I'm not in the loop, but he seems the obvious person to assist with this.)

-Rob-

I'd be willing to throw in a few extra $ for the medical fund if it came with a Gene Colan SS book. You definitely need a witness and you definitely need to PM Kevin as Rob suggested.

Maybe I'll make the big haul from Sac for the event.

Yeah, maybe charge a small donation fee per book that will go towards Gene's medical bills? I know JRSR often charges a $5 (?) donation for the HERO Initiative for his siggies.

And Grinder, if you're planning on attending, LMK. :grin:

tos79.gif

Dear Friends,

I’m very happy to report that Gene Colan will be doing a signing at my store, Lee’s Comics in Northern California.

I’m going to list this event in the events section, but first I wanted to post a note here to see if you had any questions, comments or suggestions.

I’ve loved Gene Colan’s work for many years and I want to make this event extra special.

Regards,

Lee Hester

Meet Gene Colan

Saturday December 6th

Noon-2:00pm

Lee’s Comics

1020 N. Rengstorff Ave.

Suite F

Mountain View, CA 94043

(650) 965-1800

www.Lcomics.com

lee@Lcomics.com

You should dress up like Dragcula, build a pulley/winch system where you can have one of your minions toil endlessly, raising and lowering you just like an authentic bampire. Get some of them black lights too, that would be witchin!

It looks like we will have a witness for the CGC series at the event.

Funds will be donated for Gene's medical expenses.

It will be a good chance to get some of your favorite books signed, and do a good deed.

I'll post more details later.

Regards,

Lee

dd23.jpg

That is great news. If you can post a way to contribute for those of us who can't be there I am sure you could get some donations. I know I would be in. I enjoyed Gene's art in the Tomb of Dracula stuff and would love to be able to say I did something to help out.