• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,929 posts in this topic

Great cover!

On 1/8/2022 at 6:00 PM, d_russ84 said:

My latest Michelinie Iron Man pickup. Actually my only Ant-Man appearance as well. 20220108_174145.thumb.jpg.d2c0e2eacebf6ee27ed55e7421588331.jpg

Great Demon In A Bottle Era Cover!  For me one of those issues that only looks "right" with the UPC code and 40 cents in the box. I'm not a "newsstand" collector so it's not many books I say that about. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, MAR1979 said:

Great cover!

Great Demon In A Bottle Era Cover!  For me one of those issues that only looks "right" with the UPC code and 40 cents in the box. I'm not a "newsstand" collector so it's not many books I say that about. 

I am loving these Iron Man covers!! 118 is great too.  I have never been a newsstand only collector as well, when I started the Michelinie run however I thought I should try to do newsstand issues at least up to the point of the Spidey head in the corner instead of UPC box with the line through it.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, dover said:

I bought this Superman 278 off of WorldWide after losing out on a nice raw copy to Greggy. Not the first time I have gone "angry" buying after losing. The Jimmy Olsen is just a sweet Adams-Pedigree.

Superman 278 CGC 9.6 WP -WW.jpg

It gets stranger. This book was actually in Greggy’s registry!!

so I lost out on a raw copy to Greggy. I buy a graded copy on WW to make up for it and it turns out to be from his registry.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:05 PM, mec3437 said:

I picked up the GSX1 after foolishly selling my last one a few years ago to ironically purchase a new one, which I didn't do.  The Batman was because it was available.

0109221647_HDR.jpg

04fddf4cd5b423e210ff9a5ebb2ae250.jpg

You should never regret adding another Batman 227 to the collection. :cheers:

On 1/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Never seen this before.  It's so clearly in the Archie style, I have to ask whether anyone involved had worked on Archie before?

Vicki reprinted late 1960s Samm Schwartz stories from Tower Comics’ Tippy Teen.

http://www.toonopedia.com/tippy.htm