• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,942 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Straw-Man said:

image.thumb.png.ee1fd415fa9f85549c950e00dbd58718.png

Bronze-Billy is back with a beauty! Jeff Jones did a few covers and WW 199 and 200 are among the greatest bondage covers of the Bronze Age. I’m waiting to see if the guys over in the Golden Age forum who collect Baker GGA follow you here. 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This whole story arc was fun as a kid. 147-149:cloud9:

Great book

Thank you.

FF 149 was the first comic (not this particular copy) I purchased as a kid at my local 7-11.  So although it's not a key, it is a key to me because of the memories associated with it.  It wasn't until a comic shop opened near me a couple of years later that I was able to get 147 and 148 so that I could read the story arc.  I pick up this book anytime I see it in high grade.  I have a 9.6 of this book in an older slab that actually looks nicer than this one.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

Back after a year. A 1998 $10 raw purchase from Showcase New England. I made the right call having it pressed, the very light finger bend on back is totally gone.

Kirby/Giacoia cover.  It may not be a popular opinion but I  like franks inks over Jack's pencils. In addition to 1st Blood and Union Jack also the 1st Jacqueline Farnsworth later Spitfire, whom I guessing Roy based on Dannette.

BTW my strips showed this as WP's. It's now 2nd from same submission with that situation, makes me really wonder what is going on with the lighting where they were graded.
Invaders7.thumb.jpg.9a0cad16e8c384356eb9bd0c00301070.jpg

Nice looking book too. :)

I have the same sentiments I noticed on a submission coming back to me, the page "color". Only 1 white pages out of 5. Not that I remember 12 months ago the page color, but indeed it made me think :)

On 10/22/2022 at 12:36 PM, AJLewandoski said:

I have no idea what it's worth without a cover, neither did my lcs, and that's how this Conan #1 came home for $2. Time for some fine BWS appreciation :x

20221022_131055.jpg

:celebration:awesome :) a read if nothing else at $2 :headbang: