• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, Straw-Man said:

not a bronze collector by nature, not a d.c. collector by nature, but a classic cover is a classic cover.

image.thumb.png.8637e157561fb515449fb474a9afa923.png

A Bronze Age classic indeed! Jeff Jones could draw bondage covers as good as any done in the Golden Age! You need issue 200 to go along with this one.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, Bryan65 said:

Jim Aparo was at his peak!

There was a 1st silver age app of spectre at the LCS for $45 then tax, but lol I couldn't even scrape that up in cash. Back burner stuff is coming round and I'm still going to miss out  :ohnoez:

Time is on my side though I hope. :makepoint:

On 9/30/2022 at 12:16 PM, dover said:

Another book for my Superboy run. Crazy to think that this is NOT a Neal Adams cover even though CGC labels it that. It is not credited in the registry and Neal's checklist does not list it as a cover he did. I am going to keep it safe, regardless.

The label says "Irv Novick & Neal Adams cover" ... is it possible he did just the inks, or just finishes on the pencils?

On 9/30/2022 at 8:12 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The label says "Irv Novick & Neal Adams cover" ... is it possible he did just the inks, or just finishes on the pencils?

It is possible but I have a checklist that is quite extensive in what Adams did on every cover and interior and this book is not listed in any way. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, grendelbo said:

Nice. Who cares if it's not perfect?

I got this real beater yesterday. $3 and I probably overpaid. But now I have Warlord's first appearance and that's cool.

1156773435_FirstIssueSpecial8.thumb.jpg.aac00dbff42984e9fa2c052d987896a7.jpg

I did that today too, traded in some Vg doubles to the LCS, and came away with the full list in this week in collection, in comics general ^^

Filled with this bronze a few copper and modern! It's nice to go after stories that are mostly looked for, by me, perhaps in the dollar bin, but after finding other stuff, it's nice to trade them for stuff you hoped you'd find ... If that makes sense or is relatable :) I'll park up this evening and give them some reads and flip through :headbang:

Warlord is fun, I'm glad we're both able to come away with goods that fit our collecting, as I find mine changes ALL the time 😂