• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, MAR1979 said:

Not new to my collection but it feels that way. Had been looking for this book for nearly a year as I've been going through and scanning my collection. Went through all my Marvel boxes several times. Found it today, it was in a DC Silver Age box - go figure.

Purchased in 1998 from Harley for $60 :)

796608485_MarvelPremiere15.thumb.jpg.eb6ef94191c465ed6f0db22819d3cce4.jpg

Thats a beautiful book!

I was hesitant to purchase one years ago for a 9.0 at $400, given the Netflix show, which it seems to have recovered quite well. I even went for 9.6 for the following issue lol

I suppose over time it'll have more to it, more of a following. Glad you found what was "lost!"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/17/2022 at 1:44 PM, MAR1979 said:

Back in the Mid 1990's I routinely usually attend a local show mainly to visit one specific dealers table.  The dealer, Rino, was friendly and one of the most honest I've ever met (still he was dealer though). His prices were usually a little below guide as his goal was to move merchandise not to simply display it like many dealers do. Rino hoping you are still with us buddy!.

In a submission that made it way home to me this month after almost 1 year, 2 of those "Rino" books were included.  This was the first time I had a full submission pressed first. All due to tiny non-color breaking issues on back covers.
Both books were purchased in Jan 1995, the Marvel Spotlight was $5 the Spider-Woman was $3. I knew the Spotlight would not get 9.8 but before pressing was very a borderline 9.6 and yeah I knew the pages would fall short of White.  I think the Spotlight has dropped 60% in FMV from the time I first decided to submit it :)

Glad to have both these books back for the old memories attached. 

Marvel_Spotlight28.thumb.jpg.227deebac265dd466f19a4eabc94a983.jpgSpider-Woman1.thumb.jpg.4a2797587967a19b82ba98ebf6947a4a.jpg

still awesome books that are probably above in value what they originally were 2 years ago. I know I bought MS #28 cgc 9.4 for $225 in 2019, I'm glad you shared the message of the dealer too :) Sounds like the best of options, now if the market ever corrects again it'll be win-win, win! 

I think the initial run on Moon Knight was unjustifiably acute with WWBN #32, although it needed adjusting, same with TOD #1 and #10. That said it arose to exalted heights lol but I'm still priced out and a little salty :roflmao: