• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,962 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2024 at 9:02 AM, southern cross said:

PXL_20240611_031321127.thumb.jpg.a21d216ef59f35ae0bc26fab07dc3781.jpg

Picked this up yesterday.

Shame about the small color breaking crease on the spine. Otherwise it's a flawless copy. Best copy out of three I chose from as they all had that little crease on the spine.

I didn't know this existed but now I must have one.

On 6/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, southern cross said:

Shame about the small color breaking crease on the spine. Otherwise it's a flawless copy. Best copy out of three I chose from as they all had that little crease on the spine.

Wow!  Niiiccceee!!  Never have I seen a very crisp LCE copy; congrats on the pick up! :headbang:

On 6/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, southern cross said:

Holy .  That specimen is gorgeous.  I'd buy that even though I don't collect any more.

On 6/12/2024 at 11:44 PM, southern cross said:

Sweet white pages too, like it was just published and not in 1973.

This is the biggest appeal of super high grade books to me: that they look like new. That’s what transports you back to 1973. Not a dull looking pressed 9.8 with faint signs of removed wear. 🙂

Edited by Paul_Maul

On 6/14/2024 at 1:32 PM, akaSteveRogers said:

:whatthe: was looking for this as well.  You dont mind me asking where you got this one?  

It was on eBay last week. I made a successful offer right after it was listed. Of course, I dug a little too deeply and found out it had been auctioned by Comiclink a month earlier for considerably less than I paid for it. I don’t know why anyone sells through Comiclink, I just don’t see the upside.

On 6/14/2024 at 2:30 PM, Paul_Maul said:

It was on eBay last week. I made a successful offer right after it was listed. Of course, I dug a little too deeply and found out it had been auctioned by Comiclink a month earlier for considerably less than I paid for it. I don’t know why anyone sells through Comiclink, I just don’t see the upside.

CL can be hit or miss at times.  I missed this auction, so I know for sure I wouldve been a bidder...and I was just looking for a 9.4 copy :) 

But great find.  Doesnt come around much in that grade.