• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... SCS or not ?

37 posts in this topic

Not SCS. It's bent all the way to the corner of the book. There's nothing in the slab that can physically touch the book there because it's cut out on the top of the corner.

Maybe that's why it's in a 9.4 slab. You should crack it and press it into a 9.6. :gossip:

Not SCS. It's bent all the way to the corner of the book. There's nothing in the slab that can physically touch the book there because it's cut out on the top of the corner.

I disagree. It looks like a classic case of SCS.

Jim

Jim

I agree.

If the paper is rigid enough, pushing down on one spot may have caused the entire section to crumple. There doesn't necessary have to be pressure directly on the spine corner for it to collapse there.

Jim

I agree.

If the paper is rigid enough, pushing down on one spot may have caused the entire section to crumple. There doesn't necessary have to be pressure directly on the spine corner for it to collapse there.

I too agree that overhang damage like this book displays is possible, or even made more severe from SCS, but normally the closer you get to the upper spine corner(unless it is split) the bent overhang is likely to be less severe because the folded corner is more rigid.

That, and I called on the grader notes and they mentioned 2 things, edge wear, and top edge bent overhang.

:o

Jim

I agree.

I agree overhang damage like this book displays is possible, or even made more severe from SCS, but normally the closer you get to the upper spine corner(unless it is split) the bent overhang is likely to be less severe because the folded corner is more rigid.

That, and I called on the grader notes and they mentioned 2 things, edge wear, and top edge bent overhang.

How the hell did you get so smart? ^^

Jim

I agree.

I agree overhang damage like this book displays is possible, or even made more severe from SCS, but normally the closer you get to the upper spine corner(unless it is split) the bent overhang is likely to be less severe because the folded corner is more rigid.

Acutally, it was Ellen who had called. ;)

Jim

I agree.

Acutally, it was Ellen who had called. ;)

Wrong,

OK, ok.., it was Ellens idea to call. :sorry:

Jim

I agree.

I too agree that overhang damage like this book displays is possible, or even made more severe from SCS, but normally the closer you get to the upper spine corner(unless it is split) the bent overhang is likely to be less severe because the folded corner is more rigid.

Damn cheater. What are we going to speculate on and theorize about now?

:sorry:

Jim

I agree.

Damn cheater. What are we going to speculate on and theorize about now?

:sorry:

:whistle:

Told ya.

And nobody really cares that their gouging on the shipping, huh?

So...how much should it cost to ship a slab from Australia to the US? (shrug)