• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New book on OA

23 posts in this topic

Was reading an interview with John Morrow of TwoMorrows Publishing when I came across this quote:

The first such book is called Grailpages, by Steven Payne, which is due out in March. The subtitle is “Original Comic Book Art and the Collectors”, and it lets original art collectors discuss their passion in their own words, and detail their collections, which range from a few pages by their favorite artist, to “theme” collections — a friend of mine only collects originals with cats on them, so has a fascinating range of different artists represented. The book gets into what makes original art collecting fun and interesting, without focusing too heavily on the value of the pages. This is the type of book I plan to do more of in the coming years.

Sounds great, I'll be getting a copy. Anyone get interviewed for it? The entire interview is here:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/11/21/interview-twomorrows-john-morrow/

I had dinner with Steven the last time I was in Chicago. He's good people and he's written other books for TwoMorrows on other subjects. Unfortunately, he didn't really reach out to much of the OA community -- he contacted people he knew of through people he knew of rather than reaching out to the broader community. We talked about his book and I told him what/who was out there and he was amazed. I was more surprised that he was writing this book but hadn't really canvased the hobby. He said if things go well, he will definitely be writing a Part 2.

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be an awesome book and I can't wait to see what's in it!