• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 238 9.8 Help

13 posts in this topic

I should probably just subscribe to GPA, but my comic buying is dropping off with my job situation right now so I thought I'd ask for boardie help here.

I saw a couple ASM 238s in 9.8 recently but am not sure what a good deal for one is. Does anyone know what GPA on this would be?

Also is it possible for a 9.8 not to have the "Tatooz"

-Rob-

wanna bet? I have a solid 9.6 that came back a 4.0 because it didn't have the tattooz...and they are stapled in.

You requested a Blue label rather than a GLOD....no? Otherwise the book would have came back a 9.6 Qualified.

You could says its worth $100-$150 less if it does not have white pages. so the no Tatozz is a qualified?

From what I understand everything that was included (stapled) with the book internally needs to be intact (Mailers, sub cards, blah, blah), unless it was a newsstand copy that didn't contain the item. That's why you see on some labels: "Direct Editions contain...."

I don't know if missing the item lowers the grade, or gives it a qualified.

BOTH the direct and newstand editions (DE/NE) of ASM 238 included the tattooz pouch, which was attached at the top staple. Not many NE with them can be found. Furthermore, the Canadian edition ($.75 cover price and they were all NE's) can be found with the tattooz included as well, although quite rare. In addition, depending on the quality of the stapling to the pouch, the actual tatoozz could be removed from the pouch, without damaging the pouch at all. It would take some good comic surgery to remove an entire pouch from say, FF 252, and place it in ASM 238 but removing the tattooz from FF 252 and placing it in the ASM 238 pouch would be quite easy.