• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ho Ho Ho, bring on the Christmas covers
2 2

861 posts in this topic

IMG_20140703_145145_zps7c47bbd3.jpg

And this book blows me out of my socks, Sagii. (worship)

I think the only Looney I'd rather have would be the painted #9, and even at that, it would be a hard choice.

Thanks good Doctor, and Happy Holidays! Metro sold this to me as an 8.5 i believe? Can't wait to get it slabbed next year. In fact, a huge portion of my collecting funds will be toward grading next year. Some high grade gems i have been holding off sending in because so many opportunities for acquisitions came up this year. Guess i could have worse problems :D

And speaking of having an 'only', this is my only Disney comic(shhhh! don't tell Bugs or Daffy or they'll send Elmer after me!) I took a cartoon blood oath. It's also a Gerber 6 and No show. Went through the thread and didn't see it posted so far i believe.DonaldampMickeyMerryChristmasFirestone1944_zpsdbd1a52e.jpg

15380494173_ec3927dd5c_o.jpg

It looks like Mutt made it on the cover for Christmas in 1937...

and again in 1938.

16000111105_630c408a36_o.jpg

Jeff didn't show up until 1945.

15814114739_3ac4dc3c18_o.jpg

Why was that? Is it because he was a bachelor and not very good with children...or is it actually Andy Gump on the cover?

Thanks to GCD and Comic Book Plus for the info and covers.

Edited by BB-Gun