• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ho Ho Ho, bring on the Christmas covers
2 2

861 posts in this topic

I'm definitely not an artist ID expert, but I do think this looks like Gollub's "children's book" style. The link you cited had only adventure/dino stories (at least that's all that I saw), which tend to be harder-edged.

I wonder why the GCD credit has a question mark. The attributions by Alberto Becattini and some other Dell experts at GCD tend to be right. Take a look at Gollub's other credits at GCD (do a penciler search) and in particular Four Color 205 that's credited to Gollub without a question mark. I don't think 128 (or 205) is by Kelly.

FC205-1.jpg

Jack

Thanks for the info! I checked out some of his other work from GCD. They say he did the following cover, too, and there are some similarities, so it might be him. He was a talented artist!

90397.jpg.73861fd875d1c61b208f92901e6eebc2.jpg

Here comes Santa Claus ( btw, that Flessel cover is fantastic.)

holidaybook0001.jpg

Kenny,

I have been looking for a decent copy of this book for the past two years......ever since we last spoke about it. Maybe one of these days a sweet copy will magically appear. Maybe just in time for Christmas? hm

Dell did a great job with their Christmas covers!! :applause:

FourColor959.jpg

This one is too large to scan. Eisner wrote a story with some Christmas Spirit, which was nice since he didn't celebrate the holiday.

2088175086_698c93f940_b.jpg

Eisner could draw! You don't happen to have the other pages of that story scanned, do you?

I know it's SA, but it's a classic none the less. :angel:

scctm.jpg

When I finally got around to seeing the movie, it didn't live up to the weirdness promised by that comic cover.

No, the movie was pretty bad. :sick: